• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex M3A1 Grease Gun is out

I got mine right after Thanksgiving. You can read my full review here:

Long story short: It's good stuff. If you want one, get it NOW. Who knows how long it will be available?

Santa just arrived in a brown truck last night. :)

The weather outside is horrible but I'll give a range report as soon as I am able. First impressions are that Umarex knocked it out of the park. This thing is scary realistic.
1671815082467.jpeg

The weather outside is horrible....
The whole point of owning something like this is the weather outside becomes irrelevant. ;)

Glad to hear you got it, and glad to hear you seem to like it. I got one of the Crosman R1 Full-Autos this week and am liking it a LOT more that I'd planned to. I set it up with a cheap red dot sight and OMG what fun! But I still like the M3 better (there's a lot to be said for that 60-round magazine).

The whole point of owning something like this is the weather outside becomes irrelevant. ;)

Yes I shoot indoors in the garage, but that doesn't help when freezing rain is coming down sideways and I can't even get the cars outside.

In the meantime I'm staying inside where it's warm and catching up on M3 Grease Gun videos on YouTube. :)

Okay, got to shoot it today at last. The good news, it's a ton of fun. It's actually quite loud which adds to the effect. It was also reliable. I have the MP40 as well, and the magazine on it has an annoying tendency to not push the BBs up fast enough for it to fire. I did use lube on it but that only helped a little. The magazine on the Grease Gun on the other hand fed ammunition well.

Having said that though, my luck with getting Umarex guns that shoot way off from the point of aim continues. It shot about 4 inches to the left at 30 feet. I did unscrew the barrel tube and rotated the barrel to see if that would help, but it didn't. However the rear sight, while technically not adjustable can be removed with a screw so it looks like I can modify it to correct the point of impact. I have a Legends Thompson that also shoots off to the left, but I haven't figured out a way to modify the rear sight on that as of yet.

The only other issue encountered is that the magazine fits very tight into the well and is hard to seat and remove, but I suspect that it'll wear in.