• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Umarex Legends MP40 questions

I have one of the Umarex Legends MP40 semi and full auto guns. Mine is evidently an early one as the magazine has no latch to hold the follower & spring back when loading the BBs. Anybody else have the same problem? Ever tried to modify the magazine to cure the problem? Anybody know if the later production mags, with the lockback feature will work in the early guns?

I made a tool to hold the spring back,some improvised speed loaders too.
Ka7JaLh.jpg

Reactions: borne2fly
Anyone know what this knob is for?

View attachment 450707
Fake oil container, it has no purpose on the gun except the make it look like the original. The Real (MP-38/40) has this as the toggle release for the upper and lower to seperate to field strip the gun.
But this is a C02 BB gun (and NOT THE REAL MP38/40); so it is only for cosmetic appearance, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: borne2fly
I’m getting dime-sized groups at 10 yards on semi-auto. Better than I expected from a BB gun, but still not sure if that is good, bad, or normal for the MP40
Normal for this BB gun. I get the same result, now with a stand it is a slightly longer range. Most gun clamp stands will not fit type of BB gun that will allow to strap the gun into my gun stand (long clip). These are smooth barrels, no rifling in the barrel. At 30 feet with C02 gun that is about it; however with practice 45- 55 feet feet is achievable but the bullseye is more luck than aiming.

Last edited:
Normal for this BB gun. I get the same result, now with a stand it is a slightly longer range. Most gun clamp stands will not fit type of BB gun that will allow to strap the gun into my gun stan (long clip). These are smooth barrels, no rifling in the barrel. At 30 feet with C02 gun that is about it; however with practice 45- 55 feet feet is achievable but the bullseye is more luck than aiming.
30-40 feet is good enough for me. The fun (IMO) of this thing is full auto, which is pretty much limited to close range anyway. We do have other stuff for long range accuracy ;)
And this MP40 is just for fun. But the M712 is a bit more ... still select fire but small enough to carry and a surprisingly effective anti-snake gun. My go-to when hiking in the outback.

30-40 feet is good enough for me. The fun (IMO) of this thing is full auto, which is pretty much limited to close range anyway. We do have other stuff for long range accuracy ;)
And this MP40 is just for fun. But the M712 is a bit more ... still select fire but small enough to carry and a surprisingly effective anti-snake gun. My go-to when hiking in the outback.
I have thought about the gun (M712) but after a review of all the complaints and defective parts, e.g. the barrel. the plastic clip holder are but a few. I just cannot go ahead and buy one; I might as well flush down $100-130 dollars down the toilet. If Umarex really wants to make its way in this market they must make an effort to insist the Taiwanese maker to improve the quality of their manufacturing. I AM VERY SELECTIVE ON WHAT I PURCHASE.
No; the guns are not made In Germany or us anywhere else in Europe. Japan used to have a stranglehold on this market but over time Taiwan has taken the lead almost completely. The Guns are made in Taiwan; where just about every other BB gun, Non Guns, replica Guns etc. and falsely sold as made somewhere else in wherever! There are very small exceptions but not many. The completed parts are made in Taiwan and the parts are shipped to wherever and assembled and boxed with its own branding.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!

Last edited: