Umarex hammer

I'll bite!

It was/is vaporware for the past 4 years.

Sometime in feb/march of this year a select few got a pre used rifle from Umarex and they gave shipping time as sometime late may.

That has passed and the world is still waiting for the Hammer.

Mh. Mollowpoint got one and was (way) less than satisfied with his and have made but one video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylQ4lRpiLU

The rest has quiereted way down about the Hammer, maybe it was'nt up to snuff?

See the video and make up your own mind!

Chad Simon at Lethal Air has a couple of them and has taken game with them if I remember right he was in Kansas City 2-3 months ago an I meet him at the range and he let me shoot his Hammer, Piledriver and his 20mm rifles they were alot of fun. The hammer functioned just fine and no puff of air around the breech that I had heard about I believe he was going hog hunting in Oklahoma and Louisiana with them.

I see that AOA has them in stock. Called to confirm and they have 4. Itching to pull the trigger...

But wanted to do more research on them, so I watched vids and read reviews and finally called a guy that had one and talked for him for 3/4s of an hour.

The Hammer has got some design issues that are not quality based that prevent this from being a super gun. The guns I own are all in the 'super' ior category. An Impact, an Edgun, even my Will Paitt tuned Winchester .45 is a pretty nice gun (though not enough power for serious deer killing other than headshots.)

My wife will be very happy...I've been talked out of getting the Hammer at this time. Bring some design changes down the pipe and maybe I'll re-evaluate it, but for now, pass.