• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Umarex hammer sound control

Hey everyone. So I have the umarex hammer and I love the thing but it’s just soooo loud. What’s my best option to moderate the sound. I’m seeing silencers but they only go to .50 will those work on the hammer even thought it’s technically a .51 cal air rifle ? I found these online. On the Donny fl site it shows all his silencers as discontinued.

IMG_2606.png

IMG_2607.png

David,
From what I've learned on this forum, too loud and not "backyard friendly," are part of the Hammer program, as well as other large bore offerings. Seen your question come up every now and then, don't ever recall a satisfactory answer. Personally, I'd hold off investing in a moderator until I'd heard a trusted member say it worked for them. DonnyFL moderators are available from different vendors, search "DonnyFL," in the archives for the whole story. Best of Luck, WM

I’m not allowed to own or handle powder burners, aside from like antique stuff lmao. I wanted something large for home defense. I guess the noise doesn’t matter at that point. But as far as practice goes my neighbors hate me and threaten to call police. Locally in Ma I called the station to ask about rules. As an adult the only rule is the projectile can not cross public property or property you don’t have permission to shoot on. But I can be as close to another house as I can without leaving my property. But like 500$ just to not scare my neighbors cat? Lmao probably not worth it’s especially if it’s not even going to silence the thing. Do you know any comparable sound the hammer might be equal to with the silencer on it?

David,
From what I've learned on this forum, too loud and not "backyard friendly," are part of the Hammer program, as well as other large bore offerings. Seen your question come up every now and then, don't ever recall a satisfactory answer. Personally, I'd hold off investing in a moderator until I'd heard a trusted member say it worked for them. DonnyFL moderators are available from different vendors, search "DonnyFL," in the archives for the whole story. Best of Luck, WM
Is there a reason DonnyFL discontinued all the silencers on his site?

Damn government treading on us
I’m only in this because I caught a felony at a young age, wrong car wrong people, anyways now I’m banned from owning a firearm. My main focus is home defense, the hammer. And end times survival. Armada .22 drop game sized food at range almost silently. I’m just holding the government won’t step in and tell me I can own air rifles

I’m only in this because I caught a felony at a young age, wrong car wrong people, anyways now I’m banned from owning a firearm. My main focus is home defense, the hammer. And end times survival. Armada .22 drop game sized food at range almost silently. I’m just holding the government won’t step in and tell me I can own air rifles
Got it, FYI, site moderators frown on "home defense" comments, "end times survival," OK, as long as for food. Government still considers air guns and firearms as two distinct items, just the way we'd like to keep it. WM

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have a Hammer, I bought the $40 adapter and the emporer. It did nothing to quiet rifle. Rumor has it now I need some sort of extension tube. When buying adapter and moderator no one told me about extension.
Yeah, not surprised, success in quieting down the big bores seems to be an elusive, expensive quest. WM

I bought the adapter and put a muzzle brake on mine. There is no way to stop the noise.

Anything making enough power to drop large targets is going to make large noise.

For what you want, Hatsan Blitz in 30cal would be a better choice until you get into 100+ pound game targets. You can turn the Blitz up a bit and have enough power. Still going to bark loud.

I bought the adapter and put a muzzle brake on mine. There is no way to stop the noise.

Anything making enough power to drop large targets is going to make large noise.

For what you want, Hatsan Blitz in 30cal would be a better choice until you get into 100+ pound game targets. You can turn the Blitz up a bit and have enough power. Still going to bark loud.
I literally just had the .30 blitz a week ago. I had to return the thing it was a straight jam fest. Every other mag would jam then the only way to remove the mag without lodging a deformed pellet in the barrel is to smash the mag out with a rubber mallet. The blitz is junk. I’m considering one of those Fx automatics. But for the price I could just find something real and unregistered. I don’t want trouble but with the way the country is headed. It’s time to prepare now.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I literally just had the .30 blitz a week ago. I had to return the thing it was a straight jam fest. Every other mag would jam then the only way to remove the mag without lodging a deformed pellet in the barrel is to smash the mag out with a rubber mallet. The blitz is junk. I’m considering one of those Fx automatics. But for the price I could just find something real and unregistered. I don’t want trouble but with the way the country is headed. It’s time to prepare now.
The noise from the .30 blitz wasn’t bad at all, with the moderator I’m sure it would be almost silent

I think I’ll just have to deal with the noise. The .51 cal hammer just sucks I need to drive an hour to a friends place to play with a TOY air rifle. The state and town bylaws only say the projectile can not travel over public land. Or private land you don’t have permission to shoot on. How does that work with hunting? People can shoot real guns on public land but I can’t shoot a toy?