• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Hammer........ Love it!!!

A6EE0940-0113-4975-865E-49DD8C6C67C8.1612140593.jpeg

Mikeshammer >>>>>>>>>video link

i just ordered the hammer last week and received it on Friday. Have to say after seeing some videos I was skeptical. Said yo myself if it doesn’t shoot good I’m returning it. So I called umarex before ordering it and they said they have worked out all of the “kinks” but you know how that goes. I am used to my AF .457 carbine which has never once let me down or caused harm to me....... With that said the Hammer doesn’t come with a shirt and 2 boxes of ammo anymore. You get the gun, 2 mags, and 6 rounds of umarex 350 gr. Well I went over to John at ProSlugs Ammunition and we did a couple test fires. I have to say that compared to my NSA ammo and the umarex ammo the Hammer performed better with the ProSlugs......... this isn’t a slug comparison but, man do I LOVE this gun!!!! The style, the power and the undeniable feeling you have a true power plant for hunting in your hands. After that first shot I was sold. I will be using this gun for big game from here on out. ........ Umarex says they fixed the kinks but it’s still letting out a little bit of air by the mag port. I will be fabricating a cover that flips up and redirects the air which won’t be hard and you don’t ABSOLUTELY have to have. I just wanna do it for hahas. Over all I give this gun a 10 for power 10 for comfort/looks and a 9 for construction do to the air by the mag. If you like/want a big bore .50....... don’t listen to the haters. Pull the trigger and get it!!!

The Hammer is a beast. Me and a friend were looking at it before until we both saw all the blow out videos. Now that Ive had time to think more about it I really dont have a need currently for a big bore rifle like this. Maybe in the future if I decide to do any out of state hunts. I like the .457 AF though also. Id be interested to here your thoughts on the hammer compared to the AF in the future. Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos.

Well what I can tell you for sure Albee, is the hammer has more power out of the box. And the blow out issues they had are supposedly fixed, I havnt had any issues with it so far at all. I love it...... but I love my AF too. What separates the 2 are only 2 things that I can tell so far........ The Hammer allows for a very fast and powerful follow up shot, and the Hammer has substantially more power out of the box........ and as an extra plus? It is lighter and feels more like a PB rifle when being shouldered. I now have the best of both worlds, but when it comes to hunting bug game, I’ll be bringing the hammer with me loaded with ProSlugs Ammunition. That’s really all I can say so far brother.

100 yards? lol 100 yards was nothing. I’m more interested in 200. Here’s a pic of the groupings at 100 yards once I got it sighted. I’ll post of the 200 when I get back to the range. But I hit the steel plates that were at 200. Idc what anyone says. I have an extreme big bore, an AF Texan, and now the hammer. So far? I’ll take the hammer on a hunt any day until I see a reason not to.
B2EB8094-CAB5-428C-BE39-09D2B98D0720.1612286964.jpeg

Oh it’s VERY user friendly. Especially since the gu. Is regulated!!!so by that I mean every shot is the exact same. So as long as you fill it above 2000psi youre shooting. You can tether just like any other gun. Everyone seems to think if it isn’t filled up to 4500 psi you aren’t getting the same power with the shots. That’s wrong. This gun isn’t like my Texan .457 where you are losing power every shot....... the shot power stays consistent in the hammer. I fill to 3500 or 4000 and I get 3-4 shots. And I fill my Texan to 3000 and get 3-4 shots...... so in reality there’s no difference except the AF isn’t regulated so my shot power drops. And also out of the box the hammer is stronger...... and that’s just a plain fact. 

Oh it’s VERY user friendly. Especially since the gu. Is regulated!!!so by that I mean every shot is the exact same. So as long as you fill it above 2000psi youre shooting.

The gun is regulated at 3,000psi. IMO I think it is ridiculous to regulate such a power full big bore. Regulators have cold weather issues many uses in big bores. For example: Right after you fill the gun, it is good to bleed a few shots off to let the regulator settle in. With this gun after a shot or two bled off, your already out of air and need to refill. I'd rather just have my hammer unregulated at 3500 psi fill, for two shots that are the same than regulated it and have three shots with a 4500 fill. Plus it is only a two shot magazine, two shots would be good.

If some one can show a modification on how to do that I'm all in! Or, if someone could show how to drop the reg down to 2500psi, and adjust the hammer use light ammo 200 grain ammo, It might work as a regulated gun.

David, yeah I agree with what you are trying to say..... but the plenum they use is solid. The gun doesn’t seem to have any pressure drop, and I thought the same thing about bleeding a little of the air. But the cold weather doesn’t affect the gun. I live in MA and it’s been a steady 30...... I’m still getting great chronograph numbers. Looks like it likes the heavy guys, 350-410 grainers. Went to the range on Friday and I did 200 yard groups touching. Was even able to stick a 360grain slug into an 8” piece of steel target....... idk you’d have to test one out to appreciate the gun. A lot of people will try to downplay or hate on the hammer, but I have absolutely no reason lmao, i just love it all around. And like I said, you don’t need to fill to 4500 to begin with, bc the gun is regulated it will shoot/use the same power from 45000-2000 psi and have the same power with each shot...... 

David, yeah I agree with what you are trying to say..... but the plenum they use is solid. The gun doesn’t seem to have any pressure drop, and I thought the same thing about bleeding a little of the air. But the cold weather doesn’t affect the gun. I live in MA and it’s been a steady 30...... I’m still getting great chronograph numbers. Looks like it likes the heavy guys, 350-410 grainers. Went to the range on Friday and I did 200 yard groups touching. Was even able to stick a 360grain slug into an 8” piece of steel target....... idk you’d have to test one out to appreciate the gun. A lot of people will try to downplay or hate on the hammer, but I have absolutely no reason lmao, i just love it all around. And like I said, you don’t need to fill to 4500 to begin with, bc the gun is regulated it will shoot/use the same power from 45000-2000 psi and have the same power with each shot......

Thanks for the info. I would really like to try one. But, I'm pretty sure it is regulated at 3,000 psi or 200bar. First shot is 4500, 2nd is 4000, third is 3500, last is right around the reg's pressure, so expect a small drop in the 4th. I'd like to see more footage of the gun and it's chrony numbers.

Thanks for the info. I would really like to try one. But, I'm pretty sure it is regulated at 3,000 psi or 200bar. First shot is 4500, 2nd is 4000, third is 3500, last is right around the reg's pressure, so expect a small drop in the 4th. I'd like to see more footage of the gun and it's chrony numbers.

Not the numbers Mr. HP gets!!!

And what he shows implies no regulation.

Hammer Speeds.1612713534.jpg

Hammer speeds II.1612713544.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylQ4lRpiLU