Umarex, Govt. 1911, pellet gun

I know some of you already have these, but, "this one is mine"..!

Rather than add to the "BB gun accuracy", thread, I figured I'd start a...Umarex 1911, pellet gun thread.

As discussed in the BB gun accuracy thread, I had posted that I was also looking at Govt. 1911, BB pistols. And after thinking about my very marginal experience with BB pistols, I went looking to see if there was a pellet shooter, 1911. I found the Umarex version.
More money than the BB versions, an ugly trigger...but I decided to give it a try.

The look is very good but for the double bladed trigger !, The weight is much like a real firearm. But the trigger leaves a lot...to be desired. And knowing this going in, my eyes aren't as good as they were when I was younger, but red dot and prism sights help greatly, and one way or another, I'd figure out a way to mount one.

After doing a little measuring, and digging, I found that EGW makes red dot adapter plates to add many different red dot sights to many different pistols. And the #49510, adapter as made for the Govt. 1911 firearm, while a loose fit, works very nicely when the set screw is snugged on the Umarex 1911 slides, dove tail. So, a little centering, and set screw snugging, I put an old Burris Fast Fire 3, sight on it, and began centering the sight.

While the trigger is odd, the grip safety is a little bit of a pain. I found that I have to squeeze the grip / grip safety fairly tightly to get the blade in front of the valve pin to allow the hammer to properly strike the valve pin.

But, after all of the teething problems, I found that while not nearly as accurate as an Ataman AP16, it also doesn't cost nearly as much, and...looks a little more the part of a Government 1911 pistol .

So yeah, if any of you are in the market for a fairly accurate 1911 plinker, give the Umarex a try. Overall, well done.

1655608305280.jpeg

Mike