• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Gauntlet: Quieting the Bark Silencer (Video)

Hello guys and gals!

Yet another video in my Gauntlet series. This time we talk about quieting down the bark of the Gauntlet. I share with you the concept of the cone-stack baffle suppressor and I demonstrate my 5 piece cone stack and how much more efficient it is at reducing sound and pressure.

The five (5) piece stackable baffle set is designed as a direct replacement to the Gauntlets one piece torpedo design. The multi-stack interlocking cones create chambers that disrupt and slow the air, stripping it away from the projectile path and forced to buffet through a series of pathways. 

The air is forced to go through this process five times. The sole object is to pull the kinetic energy out of the air so that by the time it reaches the end of the shroud, it's atmospheric disturbance is far less, thus reducing the amount of noise and turbulence of the air that exits the shroud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTydXsVD_3k
https://player.vimeo.com/video/256978713

Remember that there is more information attached to the video in the description on YouTube.

Thanks for your time!

"Mayank"Great work Haji Sir, I am keen to see your review on quality of the barrell and wether this gun can be modified for 100 yrds target. As of now, it appears to group about 2" hole at 100 yrds. 
Regards,
Mayank
Thank you Mayank, I think the gun is going to be a great 75-yard rifle but because it is limited by the 1250psi (according to Umarex) you won't be able to have the umph to make 100 yards consistently. I think it has a good barrel and not discriminating at all when it comes to pellet use.

"ironlion269"If Joe Brancato is the Air Gun Scientist, you are the Air Gun Garage Inventor. Brilliant analysis with an even better presentation of the mechanics of your approach. I'd of never thought of the "burping" action of a cone stack under spring pressure. Goes to show why I buy air guns instead of building them. Kudos, @hajimoto!
Thank you for using my name in the same sentence as the illustrious Joe Brancato, I'm honored "What up Joe! ;)"
Its a burp gun for sure LOL
Thanks again for the kind words!