• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Gauntlet 2

I am contemplating on buying a Gauntlet 2 in .25 Caliber. I already have 2 other rifles in that caliber (Armada, and SK-19). I also have thousands of pellets and slugs in various weights and manufactures, not wanting to get into another caliber.

My question here is, any owners of a Gauntlet 2, could you kindly give me your HONEST opinion of the rifle? Pros/Cons? Likes or dislikes? Thanks. Feedback will be appreciated very much and will go a long way on my decision of getting one or not.

Guess I am too late to sway your decision but I LOVE the Guantlet 2 in .25 and will absolutely be getting one in .30 as well.

It's my most accurate airgun, sub MOA with JSB MK2 heavies, tons of shots per fill, have put tons of ammo through it with no besides some wear on the pellet probe o-rings, which is easy maintenance.

I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with the Crown MKii though!

I just got my G2 a couple of weeks ago and it's been to windy or cold or both to get it to a range of any sort. So far I've knocked the crap out of the back of the old newspaper box at the end of the drive. Laser says 34 yds. It hits the back of the box and actually every one of the 4 or 5 shots has gone through one of two holes about 3/4 apart. And that is with some Cheap @$$ Hatsan pellets.

I would have to agree with silvershooter589 above!
I have quite a few very high priced, well known pellet punchers around the house that will shoot hole in hole all day long.
Problem is that none of them were able to shoot the countless styles/weights of slugs I'd bought to try.
After watching countless videos on the Gauntlet 2 25 caliber I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered one.
It came in yesterday and after mounting a scope, filling her up, I was completely blown away!!!
Wind was blowing like a hurricane here so I kept to my 30 yard target.
This gun shot EVERY pellet and slug type I had nearly hole in hole.
I was pleasantly shocked at how quiet it was comparted to a few other stock 25 cals I have.
Yeah, the hammer is hard as heck and the trigger is a mess but once I get both of those issues resolved I believe I'll have a dream shooter I'm not afraid to lug around in the woods and worry about getting it knicked up.
Hopefully the wind will die down soon and I can give those slugs a try out past 100 yards.
For what this gun cost I would say it's a DEFINITE BEST BUY !!!!!!