Umarex gauntlet 2

So I just got my gauntlet 2 right before I left for work and had only a quick look at it. So first thing noticed is the air tank was empty (thought guns was supposed to have air in them when shipped). The second thing is it seems the air tank is loose( I can rotate it with ease in the stock). Third was a kind of a surprise but the bolt on this thing is just bad. I knew it was going to be stiff but not 20 to 30lb stiff (rough guesstimate). Anyone else have any similar experiences with the g2.

Bottles usually come empty from manufacturers. It’s safer to ship. Not sure of the gauntlet 2, but the old gauntlet bottles were loose when empty. Fill it to pressure, and it’ll stiffen right up. The bolts were also an issue on the originals. I think the action stayed pretty much the same, but they added a bigger handle to the bolt. Hajimoto on here has extensive expertise into the gauntlet platform. I’m sure he can chime in. 

My gauntlet 1 came empty as well, floppy bottle, and when the bottle is installed and pressurized, it doesn’t move. The bolt is the same Gen 1-2, outside the handle, and it is quite an improvement to disassemble it, polish the hammer, lightly lube the spring and the bolt handle/pin. The tube the hammer slides in isn’t smooth either, so I cleaned that up and light lube in it as well. There are good videos on doing the cleanup, easier/safer while unpressurized.

I just purchased a Gauntlet 2 from Utah Airguns ... From the box, it had no air in the bottle. Before they would let me take the gun, they filled it with air and did a rudimentary check for leaks.

BTW, I was torn between the G2 .22 and the Avenger (wood stock .25). I went with the G2 because of shot count. Yes, the bolt on the G2 is stiffer than the side lever. I've now run about 700 rounds through the G2 and the bolt is much smoother. It is still no side lever, but I'm o.k. with it.

If I fill the tank to 4500psi (from my compressor) I am getting around 150 shots from the G2. I can spend all day with it at the range emptying magazines, and never get the air tank out of the truck!

I had the spring slip inside one of my magazines, and emailed Umarex USA. One of their Gun Techs Responded within a day. So, I'd say if you have any questions, email Umarex and see what they have to say.

Hajimoto has spoken....

04fd276ad984b45ee8eb4b329c2700b5-bpthumb.png
Hajimoto Sent 1 hour, 39 minutes ago

Star

The bottle will always be loose until you fill it. They are never shipped full or under pressure.

Yes, I sell a Super tune Kit for the G2 as well as the G1.

Regards,

Hajimoto

I've put around 100 pellets through the G2 .25 and the bolt has already broken in a bit, and I'm getting used to it anyway.

The air tank did arrive empty but the bottle wasn't loose in my case, delivered from Pyramyd Air.

This gun takes a long time to fill up with an air pump especially from zero!

Looking forward to really stretching this gun out and testing various slugs once I finish a move in a couple weeks.

The Gauntlet bolts do seem to smooth out as you shoot them. My only real regret on my G1 was getting .25 instead of .22 for shot counts. The slug diameter options for .22 are also vastly superior so you can find slugs to work for you.

replace the bottle with a larger one, I put a 500cc Carbon fiber bottle on my .25 G1 with a 1900 psi reg and now I get almost 200 shots per fill at 4500 psi, did the same to my .22 G1 with a 1500 psi reg, I get over 300 shots per fill. modded both, you probably seen them on here before

500cc tank.1630947215.jpg
finished Gauntlet 1.1630947216.jpg
IMG_0466.1630947216.jpg

Ooops, can't remember if it was loose but it was installed on the correct side. I noticed a little foil or filter thing inside the fill port. Anyone else have the same thing? I was able to get air into it and it held. Shots in my house at 10yds were spot on. Will take it out with a chrono on Monday to test out my JSB 4 sampler pack.

2 mags of Crossman 14.3s