UMAREX Gauntlet 2 (Full Review)

umarex-gauntlet2review.1631315898.JPG

Hey guys! Here is an up close look at the new Umarex Gauntlet 2. The G2 has a newly designed stock that looks good, but is also very ergonomic. It also has a ton of power. This gun is ready to shoot heavy ammo straight out of the box. This Umarex Gauntlet 2 review video will also cover how to get the most accuracy out of your stock Gauntlet 2...as well it shows some of the upgrades available for this sweet PCP air rifle. The much anticipated G2 is here! Thanks for watching! -Nate 

https://youtu.be/UtU8mlsAeo8

gauntlet2-umarex.1631315585.JPG

gauntle-2.1631316001.JPG

I am confused, sort of. Today on these pages I read 2 threads about the flaws on this rifle

My friend had the first addition, it had a terrible bolt, as mentioned in the last 24 hours here. He modded it to what the G2 has become.

Recently he bought a Kral bottle gun, I asked if he was going to shoot them side by side to compare, he replied that he did not know if he would shoot it again, it just did not compare to the Kral.

Luckily I do not have room in my closet for a g2 price point rifle.

To bad those flaws are not covered here, it would be nice if folks found these things out before buying these Chinese $100.00 wonders, $100 is probably what it cost to produce this 2 gen turd. If it is such a good shooter why did it not group well?

Truth is it is a cheap Chinese Snowpeak pos.

Credibility counts young man.

Regards,

Roachcreek

The bolt is ok but the barrel is so small (tight), you can barely get the pellet in. So for me the bolt was smooth, but I had to jam those heavy pellets into the barrel...that may be what he was refering to. I can't bring myself to say anything bad about a gun I review. It just feels wrong. If a gun sucks, I don't put it on my channel. I have sent back a few guns because they were so bad I didn't even want to be assosiated with them. 

...so if a gun is on my channel, I already like it. If I had to list the bad points about the G2. The single stage trigger is something you don't see too often, and the pick rail notches are too close together (my pick rail wouldn't fit). I kind of hinted in my video..if you want a good G2, you need to get the $600 Hajimoto version, slow down those pellets to 870-890fps and have the 2 stage trigger. 

I can't really stop one of my upbeat videos right in the middle and say "by the way, I don't like this about this gun" ..that would be wierd. Does my opinion really matter? It's not like the companies are going to listen to me and change thier design.

...but anyway, thanks for watching and for the constructive insight! -Nate 

I understand what your saying, but to be a fair reviewer you need to address the good and the bad and be more specific about the fixes. Myself, I want to know about the warts on the products I am interested in, so that I have an idea if I can fix them or take advantage of a tuner to address them.

That g2 in the hands of a first time pcp owner, will give him/her a bad experience with pcp’s, not to mention airgun reviewers. Many airgun reviewers, as we know give too many rosie reviews of poor quality airguns. We can ask ourselves why they do that, but we already no the sad truth.

I have never bought anything from Haji, but I think more emphasis could be given to his work and improvement to these g2 rifles, rather than not detailing the problems, caused by poor quality control.

As an earlier poster on the threads I referred to wrote, it is a airgun that a experienced tinker will have better luck with.

Regards,

Roachcreek

I own the original Gauntlet in .22, the Gauntlet2 in .22 and the Avenger in .22 so here's my opinion.

After holding the G2 I think it's a big improvement over the original.

I like the stock much better than the original but it still feels weird where it gets wider in your left hand (I'm right handed). The new design will be much better for mods since a new forward section can be 3d printed easily or simply left off. I don't like GAUNTLET being molded into the stock in large letters, it looks a bit tacky to me.

I like the new bolt handle but cocking requires a little too much pressure in the last bit of travel.

The Gauntlet2 is still a long and front heavy rifle, probably best suited to tall people or those with longer arms.

Overall I like it and think it's great for people who like to tinker and mod just as much as shoot.

I think the Avenger is better for most first time pcp buyers since it's lighter, shorter and has an externally adjustable regulator and a cocking lever.

I think the Avenger is better for most first time pcp buyers since it's lighter, shorter and has an externally adjustable regulator and a cocking lever.

...well, the Avenger out shoots my Impact M3...so, yeah, obviously no better choice for a first time PCP buyer. 

I'm not a first time PCP buyer but I'm ready to quit the sport and my channel, because I just blew up my 8th compressor. I refuse to spend one more dime on air. 

In my opinion PCP is more trouble than it's worth. Give me a bullet!!!!

Tell those first time PCP owners to go buy a Ruger 10/22, then ad upgrades. You can have a tack driving race rifle for under the price of an airgun, and the ammo and propellent fits in your pocket. No need to haul a huge tank around and run compressors with 5 gallon buckets of water. Just go to Walmart and buy the bullets. 

...well, the Avenger out shoots my Impact M3...so, yeah, obviously no better choice for a first time PCP buyer. 

I'm not a first time PCP buyer but I'm ready to quit the sport and my channel, because I just blew up my 8th compressor. I refuse to spend one more dime on air. 

In my opinion PCP is more trouble than it's worth. Give me a bullet!!!!

Tell those first time PCP owners to go buy a Ruger 10/22, then ad upgrades. You can have a tack driving race rifle for under the price of an airgun, and the ammo and propellent fits in your pocket. No need to haul a huge tank around and run compressors with 5 gallon buckets of water. Just go to Walmart and buy the bullets.

I grew up shooting powder burners but I enjoy the quietness of air rifles a lot more. About 40 years ago I was shooting around 200 .22LR per day. An older friend told me about ammunition salesmen that used to come around to the old country stores and put on trick shot shows. He said this guy would throw small objects up and shoot them with his .22 rifle. The guy would shoot one, pump the rifle, hit the ejected case with the butt end of the stock then shoot the empty case and repeat. This got me thinking so I started throwing charcoal briquettes up in the air and shot them with my little Ithica single shot falling block rifle. After I learned to break the big pieces I started throwing the broken bits up to shoot them and with lots of practice I could shoot just about anything thrown above me. My wife chucked something one day while I practiced and said I bet ya can't hit this. It turned out to be a pack of McDonald's pancake syrup and it only took one shot to learn not to do that again. I still hit moving targets very well but I'm not so great from a bench rest.

Air rifles don't piss of the neighbors like powder burners can.

I'm starting to calm down. I'm mostly T.O.ed becasue today it was my fault. I forgot about my Tuxing 220v compressor, which was fine, and came back about 40 minutes later to a toasted compressor. ...but the Talon Tunes compressor I got 3 months ago just died on it's own last week. My $1400 Benjamin Recharge started to leak after I changed the filter, so I spend at least $100 a month on this stuff averaged out over 3 years. The compressor failures are my fault about half the time. I just need a dummy proof version.

It's a shame Tom Kaye didn't pass on the Shoebox biz to someone. I'm on the first Gen shoebox and have only swapped out O rings. It is slow though, but I bought a small bottle, which doesn't take long.

When the discounts, and cheap mods start coming around, the G2 will probably be the best selling PCP ever. Everyone can't afford the latest $2500 Eurogun.

"Credibility counts young man"

Totally unnecessary. 

Kay,

Perfect subject for a honest and in depth review of Chinese compressors. Reread your reviews on them and then show where the warts are on these fickle and at times poor quality compressors. You do not need to quit, just make that air pump review the first in what will be a long writing career.

Let the other reviews write the advertisement copy. You will in turn gain a lot of respect.

Good luck,

Roachcreek

I just got my Gauntlet 2 in .22 today and both magazine are causing pellet jams the bolt gets stuck and wont push threw the magazines im using JSB 18.13 in .22 and on the single pellet tray i have no problem ,the pellets go right in. Any ideas what my problem could be ??????

Did you wind the magazines up correctly? I have tried to shoot guns without winding the mags before, that's why I ask. I would say if the mags are not in backwards, and you loaded them like a Marauder magazine, then there must be something wrong with your mags. 

My pellets were very hard to push into the barrel with the single shot tray. Almost like you think your gun is broken, or you have to actually smack the bolt to get the pellet into the barrel, like I couldn't even push it in...but that was the heavy 25.39gr. Your saying 18.1gr goes right in and then doesn't with the mag. Must be bad mags. 

or maybe: What you think is a pellet jam, just push super hard and it will go in. I thought my gun was broken...then I forced it. That's how hard it was. 

Thanks Kaylaindy for the feed back but last night i was watching You Tube videos and i watched one and i can not remember who it was but he said the magazines with 1 spring hole in the back were cheap magazines and cuased a lot of problems where as like the Marauder Mags have 3 holes which are better and so i tried the Marauder magazines which i own 3 Marauders and they worked with no jams and the bolt pushed the pellet threw with no problems so i guess you was right Kaylaindy i got bad magazines.