Umarex Gauntlet 2 .25 barrel twist?

Hello All,

My daughter and son in law pre- ordered me a gauntlet 2. This will be my first PCP. First of all, I would like to thank all who have contributed information to this forum. I have learned so much about PCP rifles. Im curious if anyone knows the twist rate in the new . 25 gauntlet. Google searches have turned up nothing, and they don’t list it on Umarex’s web site. Im hoping it is faster than the original to accommodated slugs. Ive watched YOUTUBE videos on a few guys who have had some success, with the original gauntlet, shooting slugs at longer ranges up to 200 yards with some modifications, barrel polishing, smoothing the lands at the breech down to transition down to more of an angled transition loading slugs, to minimize deforming slug projectiles etc. Again just curious what the spin rate is on the new G2 .25.

Id like to add, anyone new to PCP’s who would like some solid information on airgun projectile ballistics, should check out Matt Dubber’s “airgun ballistics 101” on YouTube. It’s an 11 part series FULL of good information. 

Shoot straight!!! 🎯

the twist rate on most airguns is pretty standard and it actually lends itself more to slugs than pellets .. therein is not where the problem will lie .. it will be in sizing the slug to fit it right, whether or not its choked, and also how good the crown is, most airguns ive dealt with in the midrange have pretty hacked off muzzle crowns .. the reality is they need to be put on a lathe and a 'good' crown put on them .. and no its not possible by hand or using a screw and a tube of valve grinding compound from your hotrod toolbox ..

Thanks Dizz and Badfinger. My son in law is a machinist. Im sure he should be more than capable of either truing up or creating a crown if necessary. I’ve no idea if the new gauntlet 2 .25 has a crown or not. I watched Hajimoto’s review of the .22 version which shot impressively well. Im hoping the .25 will find a slug it likes for longer range shooting. 

I plan on using the rifle primarily for long range target practice.Im looking forward to getting the rifle and tinkering around with the different mods snd tuning, different projectiles and the such. I realize its not a high dollar FX gun, but it seems to be a lot of gun for the money. It will be my first pcp but probably not my last!!!!