Umarex gaunlet or gamo Urban

Ruben I hope this answer will help you out . 

If your number 1 and most important factor is shot count then the Gauntlet is the winner .

For everything thing else the Urban . Much higher build quality, better materials , smoother operating , more attractive ( least to my eye) and just overall a lot more rifle for the money .

Both shoot accurate for what you pay . I have shot both Many times and the Gauntlets quirks wears thin on my nerves Quick !! The Urban is a Joy to shoot but you DO have to air it back up a Lot more often 

Just my 2c 

Thanks Joe appreciate the comment coming from you, I'm leaning towards to the Urban most of the time as I said because of the compactness, looks and accuracy, and the shot count is not an issue for me, all I need is an accurate at most 50 yards, light, recoilless and at least over 18 fpe for pest control, to be able to install a night vision. But I was kinda look to the other side on the gaunlet because all the good stuff I've heard about it. I actually own a hw35 and it give me half inch groups at 30 yards but is not enough energy to my needs.

Thanks

Ruben

I bought a Urban to use for pest control around the farm. It replaced a Benjamin Maximus because I wanted a magazine fed rifle for quick 2nd shots. My Urban came from Walmart for $220 and it's been one of the best "bang for the buck" purchases I've made that's airguns related. That BSA barrel is sooooo good. I feed mine the cheapie Crosman pellets and it holds really tight groups at 75+ plus yards. The air cylinder is pretty small, so you have to refill it often if you're target plinking, but the overall package is light and it's a great piece to lay by the door for times when you spot something outside to take aim at. I've moved on to a Wildcat 25 as my primary, but picking up the Urban gives me a smile every time. I almost bought a Gauntlet earlier in the year just to see what the hype was about, but the looks and weight just aren't for me. There's no doubt the Gauntlet is a more popular platform though, and there's some really smart people making aftermarket upgrades for the Gauntlet compared to hardly anything for the Urban.

1531127152_12337400415b432570a5a7a2.38779440_IMG_٢٠١٨٠٧٠٩_١٢٠٥٠٥.jpg

The Umarex Gauntlet is the better rig over all. If your old or such the weight may be a bit much with the guantlet otherwise it is THE value in pre-charged airguns these days.

Out of the box, adjust trigger then enjoy, period. I have a .177 that would do well at any airgun match. Friend has a .22 not exactly as accurate ( but he insists on the cheapest pellets) but would never miss a squirrel head at 50yards. They need nothing done to them - other than adjust trigger-.

Gamo darn sure is lighter, trigger isnt as good but works just fine people do sell after market kits and most just use a longer screw for additional adjustment range, needs a 3,600psi fill and will have a limited shot count but it's a small tube so easy to pump.

Depends on your shooting desires a lot also.

Do you want 10 reasonably good shots on a fill or 50-100 shots within 10fps? Are you physically fit? Are you a trigger snob?

Here's one that doesnt matter, are you able to cut & crown the guantlet? I saw a picture of a carbine gauntlet, very nice!

Mainly,

Have you gotten together with other airgun folks? Tried what rigs? And liked/disliked what about those? Esp. for a first ( and last right?) rig shooting first is a very good idea, well worth a fairly long drive in my mind. Airgunners are usually pretty open about letting others shoot there stuff and you'll learn a lot. Anyone near 99109 can stop by here and shoot.

John

If I had to choose between these two, I would wait, if possible, for the Crosman Fortitude and see what it brings to the table. I bought the Urban from WM and it was a complete disaster (admittedly because WM banged it to shreads during transport) but still, it felt cheap and not very desirable to ME. 

I have never had the Gauntlet, but seems a bit heavier than what I would want. Check out some of Haji’s videos, he has been tuning them like fiddles. 

Another thought is to buy used. Always good deals to be had on lightly used guns. 

Good luck

One of the guys who came out to shoot with us once had an Urban. I don't know if it was his gun but I was not impressed with the accuracy or consistency. Several others shot his gun and no one could shoot it accurately. We didn't do any troubleshooting so it could have been a number of things wrong or maybe even the scope but for whatever reason it was not accurate. I own a 177 and 22 cal gauntet. It's not fair to compare my 22 cal gauntlet with a stock Urban because I sent it to Haji for tuning. It was very accurate before but I wanted the ability to quickly change the power on the fly without removing the stock and a few other perks of his tune. My gauntlet is a consistent 1/2" at 50 yards shooter and I get over 150 regulated shots per fill.

1531152485_9182417575b43886574e530.93734556_GdIAwTC.jpg

I have owned both. The only thing the Gaunlet has for it - is shot count and regulated. Otherwise the Urban has it beat hands down.

Urban Pros- Short, light weight, thumb hole stock, easy to point.

Accuracy is dead on.

Trigger is easy to mod for a nice 2 stage trigger.

Very easy to adjust power with hammer spring adjustments. Mine would shoot Crossman 14.3 @ 860fps or as low as 600fps or lower. I have mine set at 750fps for 50 shots per fill with no poi change. Very efficient with such a small airtube.

Has a small air cylinder could hand pump if necessary.

Cons- non regulated.

Mags are expensive.

Gaunlet Pros- High shot count 80 standard or mod it for 130 shots.

Regulated.

Cons- Long. But shoulders well.

Bolt is very hard to cock.

Accuracy is ok. Quarter size groups @ 35yds.

Loud.

Trigger is one stage.

Just some things that came to my mind. Just my opinion.