• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex G2 .25 Data

First let me say I am blown away so far with this thing. My prior experience with air rifles had been a Crossman 760 and a Sears 140 in .22. This is different, to say the least.

Let me also say that I went on Amazon and bought one of the inexpensive, clamp on chronographs for around $35. Functions perfectly although a manual written by someone fluent in English would be nice.

Armed with the above I tested only the one Pellet that has shot the best and is currently in use. The HN Baracuda Hunter Extreme 28.24 gr. Tank full, maybe 16 shots in. Velocity was 910 fps ave. As high as 917 and low was 903, with nearly all falling at 909-913. That equates to an fpe of 50. Accuracy at 50 yds was 1/2" for 5 shots. How can you beat that? I mean sure you can beat it if you want to spend a LOT more money, but for entry level stuff I'm just amazed.

I have 4 more pellets to test including the JBS Knockout 33.49 gr. slugs and HN Hornet 22.07 gr. I've always been a speed junky so those should be interesting if they shoot accurately.

Overall color me a happy airgunner.

First let me say I am blown away so far with this thing. My prior experience with air rifles had been a Crossman 760 and a Sears 140 in .22. This is different, to say the least.

Let me also say that I went on Amazon and bought one of the inexpensive, clamp on chronographs for around $35. Functions perfectly although a manual written by someone fluent in English would be nice.

Armed with the above I tested only the one Pellet that has shot the best and is currently in use. The HN Baracuda Hunter Extreme 28.24 gr. Tank full, maybe 16 shots in. Velocity was 910 fps ave. As high as 917 and low was 903, with nearly all falling at 909-913. That equates to an fpe of 50. Accuracy at 50 yds was 1/2" for 5 shots. How can you beat that? I mean sure you can beat it if you want to spend a LOT more money, but for entry level stuff I'm just amazed.

I have 4 more pellets to test including the JBS Knockout 33.49 gr. slugs and HN Hornet 22.07 gr. I've always been a speed junky so those should be interesting if they shoot accurately.

Overall color me a happy airgunner.
Im glad Umerex finally got the G2 straightened out. Mine in .22 cal is a bad joke. I shot it with JSB redesign's at 72 yards. I shot six magazines, and had 8 rounds completely miss the target box. I'm not sure what cause the wild flyers, because the rest grouped, into about five inches.
I sent it back under warrantee, and Umerex said it passes their accuracy test at about 5/8" at 65 feet.
I don't mean to steal your thread, but I read many like this before I bought mine, and would like the buyers to be aware.
I've bought three PCP's now and finally found one that meets expectaion. Its an Fx Crown Mk2.

Last edited:
Im glad Umerex finally got the G2 straightened out. Mine in .22 cal is a bad joke. I shot it with JSB redesign's at 72 yards. I shot six magazines, and had 8 rounds completely miss the target box. I'm not sure what cause the wild flyers, because the rest grouped, into about five inches.
I sent it back under warrantee, and Umerex said it passes their accuracy test at about 5/8" at 60 feet.
I don't mean to steal your thread, but I read many like this before I bought mine, and would like the buyers to be aware.
I've bought three PCP's now and finally found one that meets expectaion. It’s an Fx Crown Mk2.
You want buyers to be aware that there might be inconsistencies in entry level PCPs. That’s a given. You read many threads about good experiences with the G2 because many owners have had good experiences, the OP being one of them. Every manufacturer has the potential of producing lemons. In addition, your gun might not have liked the .22 redesigns. Be hesitant on steering others away from entry level guns, especially when your expectations are unable to be met by anything but a $2000 air gun. I too have expensive taste, but I also have an appreciation for the entry level guns.

Shoot on OP, shoot on!

You want buyers to be aware that there might be inconsistencies in entry level PCPs. That’s a given. You read many threads about good experiences with the G2 because many owners have had good experiences, the OP being one of them. Every manufacturer has the potential of producing lemons. In addition, your gun might not have liked the .22 redesigns. Be hesitant on steering others away from entry level guns, especially when your expectations are unable to be met by anything but a $2000 air gun. I too have expensive taste, but I also have an appreciation for the entry level guns.

Shoot on OP, shoot on!
Thanks for the clarification.
I obviously have bad a impression caused by experiance. I believe that they have some great entry level airguns out there, but because of my experience I would have to look elsewhere for a good sidelever, from one of the other often mentioned companies here on this forum.
I am glad, and hope, that Umerex has gotten the kinks out. In the meantime I can out shoot mine with an HW75 pistol.
Another point; I have shot generaly every available pellet brands and weights, including slugs, with the same results.
Now my plan is to work on its accuracy to see if I can discover the problem and repair it. The air supply is awesome from the regulator. The chamber is not chamfered, so I can start there; and perhaps lap the barrel, and recrown if necessary. I've got nothing to loose.
In the meantime, I've got a 10 meter gun, and a large supply of .22 ammo.

Thanks for the clarification.
I obviously have bad a impression caused by experiance. I believe that they have some great entry level airguns out there, but because of my experience I would have to look elsewhere for a good sidelever, from one of the other often mentioned companies here on this forum.
I am glad, and hope, that Umerex has gotten the kinks out. In the meantime I can out shoot mine with an HW75 pistol.
Another point; I have shot generaly every available pellet brands and weights, including slugs, with the same results.
Now my plan is to work on its accuracy to see if I can discover the problem and repair it. The air supply is awesome from the regulator. The chamber is not chamfered, so I can start there; and perhaps lap the barrel, and recrown if necessary. I've got nothing to loose.
In the meantime, I've got a 10 meter gun, and a large supply of .22 ammo.
Is it clipping the baffles? Are you using an additional moderator? Sounds like pellet clipping to me.

Reactions: .20calguy
Is it clipping the baffles? Are you using an additional moderator? Sounds like pellet clipping to me.
Thankyou! That is one place I plan to check!
The moderator is stock, and the gun was returned with no problems found at Umerex.
They sent it back with a test target with 4 shots into a 5/8" group at 65 feet.

Mine had one barrel setscrew stripped . I ran a tap and cleaned up the threads.
Also the front plastic forearm was touching the barrel where the barrel goes through it. I removed the top 2 screws and adjusted the forearm so it stopped touching the barrel then hot glued in place. So far no more fliers and no poi shifts. Later on will find a way to attach it better.