Ultimate squirrel rifle setup(PCP/piston)

Greetings from the UK 🇬🇧 over here I have a.BSA Ultra .22 cx tidy robust gun and excellent for tree rats @50yds using jws diablosi have air arms s510 logun s16 and a Daystate Alpha Wolf looking forward to future posts guys😊
Glad you joined the forums lots of good folks here and a few sour heads. Lol
What green pellets are you shooting out of your guns?

I don't hunt but if i would i think this is the right tool.Taipan Veteran short .25 with Hades.Accuratte very compact and almost silent,if you don't count the sound of impact of those .25 hades.
IMG_20240126_092321.jpg

Greetings from the UK 🇬🇧 over here I have a.BSA Ultra .22 cx tidy robust gun and excellent for tree rats @50yds using jws diablosi have air arms s510 logun s16 and a Daystate Alpha Wolf looking forward to future posts guys😊
Hi
That ultra must be great.
I have Bucaneer Se .22 and it is awesome for the price.
Regards Marko

Reactions: Allroundhunter
At my friends place I have taken ground squirrels out to 120yds with my RAW HMx using either 18gr pellets (@ 970fps) or NSA 17.5/20.2gr slugs (@ 950 & 925fps respectively), I use slugs if there is wind, load one mag with slugs the other with pellets. I should actually try the JSB Redsigned 25gr which I have a few tins of for the View attachment 408726View attachment 408727View attachment 408728squirrels....😂
I have texted an extensive array of slugs and pellets in my .22 RAW and it definitely favors the 25.39 pellets.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Upon arrival, I draw from a box full of tickets with numbers:

1= Leshiy Classic 177 CPHPs
2= Airmaks Caiman 10grain 177 Zan
3 = Prod 22 Hades
4 = Huben K1 22 JTS18.1
5 = Huben K1 25 Hades
6 = Huben GK1 22 GTO
7 = Panthera 177 20grain Zan
8 = Panthera 22 33grain Altaros
9 = Wildcat 30 JSB44.5
10 = Airmaks Katran 177 13grain Zan
11 = Jack Russell Terrier

All perfect squirrel busters. Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

RAW HM1000 .22, with 0.75" diameter stainless cut-rifled barrel. Though designed for hunting it is extremely accurate and won several benchrest matches (USARB 25M Open class, Open Grove, CA), and it has a superb adjustable trigger. For pesting here at the rancho using JSB 29.39gr pellets it is more accurate than needed, perfectly reliable, and delivers enough power to seldom require a follow-up shot.

It is heavy - too heavy IMO for lugging around on long hunts (Martin's current versions are much lighter). Most of the excess weight is in the special barrel, and a normal button-rifled Walther barrel would probably drop a pound or more. I cut some weight going to a smaller air bottle (carbon fiber bottle won't fit because of the barrel) and removing some wood inside the stock butt. I went though a few scopes before finding a great one: Leupold VX-Freedom EFR 3-9x33mm. Light weight, parallax and focus down to 10yd, very stable windage / elevation adjustments, and superbly sharp and bright image.

raw.JPG