• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ultimate Sporter XS, size/length/tube capacity mystery solved (I think)

Hello all,

I'm the insanely fortunate person who had the lucky number in the AA Ultimate Sporter drawing, so naturally I've been researching this rifle. One thing I kept noticing was that that the laminate Ultimate Sporter XS seemed to have the shorter, carbine-size air tube (189cc), along with the Q-Tec moderator, whereas the other Ultimate Sporter xs models (with walnut/ or soft-black) would often have the much 30% larger air tubes--comparable to the non-carbine S510 tubes--and full-length barrels.

Anyway, I don't know whether the Q-Tec moderator is the reason for the shorter barrel and tube length (since the combination of the moderator and the long barrel would push the length to maybe 50 inches), but whatever the reason, in case anyone else is wondering why the "same" model xs often has different dimensions, that seems to be why. From what I can tell, the laminate ultimate sporter xs always has the shorter tubes and barrels. 

Hey, Lucky Dog! Congrats on a great package! According to PA sites, all three versions have a 15 1/2" barrels. The laminate has a shorter shroud with the Q-tec moderator added to the end. The walnut and the black touch have a longer shroud with no moderator, and have the longer air tubes.The original Ultimate Sporter was the laminate only and that was introduced 4 or 5 yrs ago and they chose to keep the same profile for it. With the increase in power as well as having a regulator, especially in the 25 cal., they gave a couple offerings with the bigger air tube for more shots per fill. But all 3 versions have same action and barrel length.

Bruce