Ultimate Sporter XS makes first 100+ yd shot!

Took the new rifle out for a quick visit to the farms today. Got four from the newest permission, which paid off big time with a referral to another farm a short distance away. So I stopped at the new place and met the owner. The barn was in the process of being painted, and the owner told me that his wife told him he could get in painted under one condition......that he has to get rid of the pigeons.

He told me that he had been shooting at them in the barn with a .22 magnum revolver using CCI shotshells, but didn't have much luck. He then ran into the property manager where got the two pigeons from the silo in this video, just yesterday, and told him about his dilemma. So that is how I got this newest permission. When I met with the farmer, he told me that he's going to let a local falconer trap some pigeons for his raptors, and then he'll give me a call. I asked him how serious he was about getting rid of them, as in over several visits or all at once, and he said all at once. I told him that after dark would be the best time to get them, and he said to just tell him what I needed.

So looks like I'll be going back there to do a night raid on this barn sometime soon. He said there are upwards of 100 pigeons that sleep in there......we'll see if that's an accurate estimate. I'd be surprised if there end up being 50. He said every morning they are lined up shoulder-to-shoulder on the peak of the barn roof and that they all sleep in the barn every night. Should make for some good shooting and video with the X-Sight!

https://youtu.be/_3YvVZl44Xs

Nice Video BOB , Boy that Air Arms pellets fly very true . I kept viewing the flight of them . Is this the Huma Regulated one ??? . What caliber is it ? I have a .. I nstalled an Aloaros regulator and a foster quick fill since 2012 very accurate . Are you using a sideshot and a hawke 10x ? 

LOU

Thanks guys!!

Intenseaty,

I'm going to hold my comments on them only because I have a video planned after shooting the US more and getting the SL on the range and over the chrono, which is something I've not ever done with it. There are things I like more with each rifle over the other that's for sure. I'm not sure if any single gun will have or be everything that I like or want, but then again I haven't owned many.

Did you see my squirrel and chipmunk video buddy?

LOU,

Mine is a 22 caliber, but I was using JSB pellets. Though I have a tin of AA pellets due to arrive in a few days so I'll see how those compare to the JSB. I also plan on trying a few other pellets....the JSB pellets shoot well but maybe H&N will have an edge on them? I don't know if this has a Huma in it, I've not bothered to check but some have said it does. If so, it had better start tightening up soon!!! I am using the Side-Shot and the scope is a Hawke Sidewinder 30SF Tactical 6.5-20x 42 IR.

Ha! Somehow I had not seen that video yet. You are quite welcome, glad you are making good use of them. 

That was some serious footage on a couple of those shots! The light just catches that pellet just as is about to impact. 

I have reduced the number of squirrels that visit my yard to almost none. However those dang Chippers have eluded me a bit. They keep digging burrows at my house perimeter.