• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events Ultimate Field Target May 2024 Night Match @ PRGC

Ben Spencer and Phoenix Rod and Gun Club are hosting an Ultimate Field Target night match on May 25th.

These UFT matches are one of very few places in the country that a field target match can be done at night, and also one of very few where slugs can be shot. Come try it out!

Shooters meeting to take place at 6-630 pm, with lane assignments and match to follow shortly thereafter. With how these matches usually go, arriving around 530 should give shooters a chance to verify zero and dope at a few distances (sight-in).

Bringing along a headlamp is usually a good idea, and maybe bug spray as well, although I've never used it for a night match and can't remember ever being swarmed by mosquitos at PRGC.

More info here: https://phoenixrodandgun.org/node/15982

Feel free to ask any questions here, or PM me if you'd prefer. Or Ben Spencer (Match Director) can be reached @ 480-694-6973.

1714705637745.png

Photo credit to Chuck Misenheimer

Is .22lr allowed at this match? The only reason I ask, just bought a new .22lr :)

Yes 22rf is allowed but only the standard velocity ammo, so not the high velocity types. Most "match grade" ammo's, which BTW I highly suggest be used, is in this category and is the go-to kind we see. The official limit is a 40 grainer at 1060 fps which is 99 fpe and is just less than the 100 fpe cap in this UFT match.

Lapua, Eley, and RWS, are the better brands for match ammo. Usually the pricier the ammo the more precision it's capable of. If it's in the $10 a box of 50 plus price range it'll shoot good enough for UFT.

I'll be shooting my 22rf tonight as well so if you like we can arrange to be squaded together.

I had a BLAST!!! No better way to spend my birthday than with my shooting buds.🙂 I shot 22lr for the first time there. Picked up a new Pardini TR20 on Tuesday, had the barrel threaded next day and shot two boxes of ammo to get it sort of dialed in and shot 33/48 more than pleased for the first outing. I shot with NO MISS STEVE 😜 wholost his dinner half way through the match and still shot top score 46/48 . Great shooting ! He shot his Anschutz 22lr. Beautiful night with just a touch of breeze if any at times. Thanks Ben and others who helped set up this great venue. Photo of NO MISS STEVE, my new Pardini and a night shot from the top of the hill.

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5767.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a BLAST!!! No better way to spend my birthday than with my shooting buds.🙂 I shot 22lr for the first time there. Picked up a new Pardini TR20 on Tuesday, had the barrel threaded next day and shot two boxes of ammo to get it sort of dialed in and shot 33/48 more than pleased for the first outing. I shot with NO MISS STEVE 😜 wholost his dinner half way through the match and still shot top score 46/48 . Great shooting ! He shot his Anschutz 22lr. Beautiful night with just a touch of breeze if any at times. Thanks Ben and others who helped set up this great venue. Photo of NO MISS STEVE, my new Pardini and a night shot from the top of the hill.

Sounds like the typically awesome Ultimate FT match! Happy birthday!!!

Ben sent photos of score cards and a handful of shooters sent me photos of the match. I'll get the info all organized and post up a match report in the next day or two.

Reactions: EDventure
Good things come to those who wait!!
What a way to celebrate your birthday Tony!!! Always fun having you join us especially with a new Pardini, nice looking rifle buddy!! Too bad I didn't record a video of the match with sound effects when Steve headed to the bushes. Hope all is well now Steve!
Thx
Dan

Last edited:
That's such a cool new semiauto you got for your birthday AJT and is was great getting to know you a little better. Ha, that bright light on your phone made me squint and seem even funnier looking than usual so my wife and I were were laughing when we saw it 😄.

Sorry for the mid match drama🙃. Man watch out for the spicy sauces and Q rolls at BobbyQ's. Heart burn became so unbearable that......... :sick:.

Thanks Ben for hosting this fine match!