• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Ultimate Field Target at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club 02/24/2024

It's been too long since the last high power/long range field target match at PRGC. So I'm excited to announce there will be a match on the 4th Saturday of February.

Sign up through Practiscore, registration opens on 2/17. Link within the PRGC calendar item here: https://phoenixrodandgun.org/node/15312

Choice of 3 classes to compete in: pellet, slug, or subsonic rimfire.

Not many places in the country have the privilege of being relatively close to an opportunity like this. Let's show the leadership at PRGC that we want to continue to have these matches by coming out and supporting the event.

End of February in Phoenix is typically some of the best weather in the US. I'd guess a high in the 70s. Should make for beautiful shooting conditions.

What new guns and gear have you guys picked up lately and are excited to try out in a match? I've got a new barrel in the works for one of my guns, and might shoot in the pellet class if I can get it to behave with .22 Monster RDs. Also have the .20 NSA slugs that have simply been phenomenal, so might be using that rig in the slug class.

It's been too long since the last high power/long range field target match at PRGC. So I'm excited to announce there will be a match on the 4th Saturday of February.

Sign up through Practiscore, registration opens on 2/17. Link within the PRGC calendar item here: https://phoenixrodandgun.org/node/15312

Choice of 3 classes to compete in: pellet, slug, or subsonic rimfire.

Not many places in the country have the privilege of being relatively close to an opportunity like this. Let's show the leadership at PRGC that we want to continue to have these matches by coming out and supporting the event.

End of February in Phoenix is typically some of the best weather in the US. I'd guess a high in the 70s. Should make for beautiful shooting conditions.

What new guns and gear have you guys picked up lately and are excited to try out in a match? I've got a new barrel in the works for one of my guns, and might shoot in the pellet class if I can get it to behave with .22 Monster RDs. Also have the .20 NSA slugs that have simply been phenomenal, so might be using that rig in the slug class.
I might try 20 caliber slugs for the first time who knows might be some 22 rimfire guys coming that I know of also, I hope so

Well if I was more physically able I would be there. If anyone wants a great shooting experience then please come out and support the little guy. This is probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
There’s no politics allowed at this venue. Supporting the little guys you keep the Sport going. Too many are trying to stifle and throttle the small guys by not allowing team members to shoot these matches. So please support this venue!

Registration is now open through Practiscore.

Practiscore is a bit cumbersome. I'd share a link but it won't really benefit anyone since you have to be signed into Practiscore.

Once signed in, I clicked on "matches" and then changed the filter to Arizona and keyed out "Ultimate." That brought up the match for next Saturday.

Spent a couple hours today practicing from 20-100 yards. Looks like I'll be shooting in the slug class.

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Registration is now open through Practiscore.

Practiscore is a bit cumbersome. I'd share a link but it won't really benefit anyone since you have to be signed into Practiscore.

Once signed in, I clicked on "matches" and then changed the filter to Arizona and keyed out "Ultimate." That brought up the match for next Saturday.

Spent a couple hours today practicing from 20-100 yards. Looks like I'll be shooting in the slug class.

Hope to see a bunch of you there.
Hey Cole, I'm interest if I can break away for the day. This would be my first FT match so anything over 50 yards worries me a bit. How many targets are there and at what distances? Meaning, 4 targets @ 10 yards, 4 targets @ 25 yards and 1 @ 100 yards. I'm just guessing here.

@EDventure, we'd love to have you.

Distances are anywhere from 20-100 yards. And in contrast to "regular" sub20fpe field target, the distances are given in these high power/long range matches.

Ben typically sets either 10 or 12 lanes. Two targets per lane, two shots per target. So it works out to either 40 or 48 shots.

From past matches there have always been a couple targets in the 90-100 yards range. Actually, there's usually a pretty good representation of all the distances.

Don't let the far ones get in your head. Every one there will find the farthest targets the most challenging, no matter their level of experience.

If your schedule allows you to make it out we can talk to Ben about squadding you with me if you'd like. If you know your fps and at what distance you're zero'd (sounds like maybe 50yards) we can plug in that data to Strelok on my phone and get a reasonable approximation of where to hold or click for the long shots.

Seems like you have a Ghost in .22 if I'm remembering correctly. That gun, using the .22 Monster RDs @ anywhere north of about 880fps, would be a very good choice for these Ultimate FT matches.

Come out and have fun.

Hey Cole, I'm interest if I can break away for the day. This would be my first FT match so anything over 50 yards worries me a bit. How many targets are there and at what distances? Meaning, 4 targets @ 10 yards, 4 targets @ 25 yards and 1 @ 100 yards. I'm just guessing here.
Barbara and I will be there. We can ask Ben to pair us together and I can help/walk you through it. It is super fun !

Tony P

@Franklink & @pesty3782 - I'm officially registered for my first FT this Saturday. I'll take whatever help the two of you are offering. I'll likely take my Ghost HP 22 but have considered my Wildcat BT.

Glad to hear. Whichever gun you choose to use, you'll have fun. Hopefully the other matches (firearm) going on that day finish early enough for us to get some long range shots on paper from your gun.

See ya Saturday.

Looks like great weather for the meet, close to 80 and winds around 5.
IMG_6583.jpeg

Reactions: Franklink