• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uk dealer refusing to sell impacts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackpool has had some problems with the Impact. No big news. As a business coming out on the public stage and making the statements he has is just nonproductive for everyone involved. Just makes him look like some one throwing a hissy fit. Making the statement he did about the Streamline just makes him look foolish. If he doesn't like the guns, fine. Don't sell them and move on. When a business makes statements like that they loose all creditability with me, but thats just me. I wouldn't buy from him if I had a choice. So is he helping his business, or not? You decide. Maybe he is trying to protect us all from a gun that can be complicated if you don't understand it. But protect us from his opinion of ugly. You gotta smile. As for the Impact. I've had no trouble and give it high praises. It's a blast to shoot and play with. It's taught me a lot. If the factory wanted it back I'm not sure I would give it back for a full refund. As for the Streamline. Last 10 days it's dropped more snow here then I can remember. Valley has come to a halt, roofs are collapsing from the snow loads. People trying to plow out an making pile of snow that will be here in July. Then it decided to pour rain for two days and now everything is flooded. Bad enough even Walmart closed until they get their roofs shoveled off. SO my Streamline is stuck on a UPS truck in some snowbank. You gotta smile.

regarding Eddy1840 reply to my post, I agree 100%, I regularly read the British magazines " AIRGUN WORLD" & "AIRGUNNER", in fact I´ve reading them since they first came out in the mid seventies, time when I lived in London (22 years), and for the life of me I cannot remember reading a review/test on any gun where they would or will say anything bad about any gun regardless of the trash we´ve got out there on the market. gamo is in opinion just one of many examples. can anybody really say anything good of one of these? I don´t think so. even though I know they are on the lower end of the market.
I , myself been playing with airguns for around sixty years, still have my first airgun, a diana model1, now I´ve got three ( been through ten so far) weirauch HW100, 2 in .177, on in .22. 16 and 24 joules find them great for bench rest at 25 and at 50 meters, and in terms of reliability, they are hard to beat.
Eddy, I´m saying good things about the HW100´s, but believe me , I ain´t getting anything for it.....

Just a few thoughts here from a newbie: As RuideCastro mentions in the post above this, the airgun magazines will not speak ill of guns/products. I've seen this same complaint over on the UK airgun forums.

It seems to me, as a newbie, that a higher percentage of the upper-echelon guns have problems. I cannot back this by concrete data. Outwardly, it just seems to appear this way to me.

As I recall, Blackpool put out a video naming the 2016 gun of the year. Again, as I remember, the overall tone of the presenter was that all of the big-boy's are having problems, but if I must, I will pick the least-worst of the "best" as gun of the year.

Now, what does this say about the general state of airgun manufacturing? Maybe, just maybe it is a good thing that Blackpool stepped up and said enough is enough? When you spend a premium, you expect a premium product. Maybe he's defending this on behalf of the airgun community? Maybe he's saying what all of the magazines won't?

If manufacturing is in fact how I perceive it to currently be, Blackpool's stance may stand to serve notice to manufacturers?

Here's a comment made by Blackpool. I believe he is speaking to the additional barrels (.177/.22) available for the Priest:

We will get all the bits, but ...I haven't guaranteed Im going to stock them, I have asked for samples and if they pass the test we will get them, but they could easily be rubbish . lets see...

Reading into this a bit here, but to me, this comment speaks volumes regarding a persons moral fortitude. He seems to be a man who walks the walk, and talks the talk.

I think they done the right thing. I have more respect for for a business that will drop a product they think is not of a standard they want for their customers. Then one that will sale them junk at a premium price. I don't care if it cost $50 or $1500 I expect it to preform as advertised. If not I want it fixed. If it can not be fixed I want my money back Period. My whole life I keep hearing You Get What You Pay For. That is not true anymore. The only truth is you pay for what you get. FX makes great air rifles, So does Crosman, Hatsan, Kral, Air Force, BSA, and on and on.
The Impact has problems, Okay we know that. What I think thay should do about it makes no difference. I don't run the company. What they do about it can and should make a difference in their future business. Most people who buy a high end rifle are not looking for one to mod and tune to make it shoot right. They want it to work when they get it. If not they expect someone to fix it. If they buy it form a gun shop that is who will be the first one to know about the problem. And that is what Blackpool is talking about. Customers will blame them for FX not getting their rifles fixed the first time. Costing Blackpool repeat customers. If you don't believe that you have never worked in a business dealing with the public.
I don't know how many repairs per hundred FX has on the Impacts, But it is too high. Just from the numbers I read about here it is too many. A company that has that many RPH has a high warrenty cost. You can bet they want to fix it as bad as anyone does.
Ok, I'm off my box now.

Jimmy

"jimmymc2900"
I don't know how many repairs per hundred FX has on the Impacts, But it is too high. Just from the numbers I read about here it is too many. 

Jimmy

If Daystate only sells ten guns, and nine of them have problems, thats a 90% fail rate and you're going to hear 9 complaints on the forum. If FX sells 90,000 Impacts and they only have a 1% fail rate, you're going to hear 900 complaints and "the numbers" I think you are referring to are going to tell you that it is "too many". Based on the fact that the Impact is STILL back ordered a year later should tell us that even if we don't have the exact sales figures, we at least know it's a LOT.

As far as I can tell, I can't even find out exactly how many Impacts FX has sold, let alone exactly how many of those have been faulty. If I'm off base here, please tell us exactly what are the numbers you are reading here and where can I find them? I may be wrong, but sounds to me like you're just making a blanket statement which is why I'm asking specifics.

This is all to interesting for me not to chime in. I'm reading this little by little on my free time and I have to say our community is really torn by Blackpool's comment. In one corner you have the die hard FX supporters and the other corner you have the guys with a moral code.

Blackpool made a comment about the streamline and impact, so far they have chose to stop carrying the impact, just the impact. Keep that in mind. Nothing about FX's entire line of rifles. Their experience is that the impact is not reliable, especially for the price point.

Here comes the huge controversial dilemma that is being discussed right now on this forum in this thread. Should he continue selling a rifle that has a 90% chance of coming back to the store but making a sale, or; decide not to carry the impact and take a stand and deal with all the negative feedback that will come with such an action.

Some of you guys may think this to be a simple choice, just go with the flow and not stir the pot up. But let me tell you how wrong you little misguided sheep are. To make a comment of not stocking the impact, has huge repercussions. Backlash from manufacturers, distributors forums and end users. Need proof, look at the comments on this thread.

Blackpool has of course thought hard about the affects of their decision and I applaud them for their actions. They have something most shops do not have, honesty, standards, integrity and morals. They say it like it is, if you can't handle the truth go back to being a sheep! I wish I had a shop like that here by me in the USA. That would be my go to guy for advice and friendship. Blackpool, see you guys at the pub, pints are on me!

Boombots74 out!

Reading some comments here it's clear that politics are coming into play as with most everything today and the air gun world is no different.

The wordsmithing, carefully chosen statements and defensiveness is telling. I get some of it..bad mouthing in general comes off as bitterness and a want to hurt someones reputation....I think FX, when working properly deserves their accolades..but..they also deserve their criticisms just the same when problems arise. Folks should recognize the difference. 

I could be wrong but I don't see anything this shop could gain<other than thankful customers> by telling folks of the FX issues and why they choose not to carry them.

Why not just ask impact owners here if they have experienced any problems. Start a new thread. If you own an impact then post so.....and include if you have experienced any problems that you have either fixed yourself and or had to send back for repairs. All impact owners should post.....especially the people that have had no problems whatsoever. That should shed some light on the issue. Would be easy to see the "percentage" of issues.
I had an issue with my wolverine when I first got it. Rifle wouldnt stay cocked consistently. I took the stock off adjusted the trigger, and have been enjoying it every since. Some might have gone through the massive pain in the ars to send it back.....for a trigger adjustment!

"Marksman3006"Why not just ask impact owners here if they have experienced any problems. Start a new thread. If you own an impact then post so.....and include if you have experienced any problems that you have either fixed yourself and or had to send back for repairs. All impact owners should post.....especially the people that have had no problems whatsoever. That should shed some light on the issue. Would be easy to see the "percentage" of issues.
I had an issue with my wolverine when I first got it. Rifle wouldnt stay cocked consistently. I took the stock off adjusted the trigger, and have been enjoying it every since. Some might have gone through the massive pain in the ars to send it back.....for a trigger adjustment!

I bought one, returned it within 24h. Never looked back, I won't support a company that works like that. I don't care if their other models are flawless, I didn't pay for them.

"Erik"Why are you defending FX? Do you think it is ok to sell a product that clearly has issues?
So you don't have the numbers either? I'm not defending or for that matter, attacking anyone. I was just trying to make a point that no one knows for sure, including myself. If FX has some wood to chop, so be it. I'm just saying there is a lot of bashing and speculation about the rate of return, yet no one can actually provide the real return rate, let alone an industry average to compare it to in order to make it a meaningful number. 

I guess a better question would be, since you also don't seem know the rate of return as a percentage, or even how that compares to the industry average, why are you attacking them? In order for this conversation to continue in a meaningful, constructive manner, you should proved the actual hard data that you are basing your negative opinion of FX on. In my opinion, anything short of that is just pointless bashing.

Marksman3006,
I see what you are saying but sorry I don't agree. For those who are more hands on, MAY want to tackle the issue, no matter how big or small, nonetheless its still an issue.

I will try to relate it to you this way, although its my opinion. Let's say you buy a nice car, say a BMW 7 series and the electronics don't work or the top of your convertible won't come down. Do you work on the car yourself or return it and call it a lemon. That's pretty much where we are now. The airgun community are not a bunch of tuners or techies who will take a gun apart and spend their valuable time trying to fix it. These guys purchased a rifle to shoot and enjoy the little holes it makes on paper, or to hear the ever so cool crack of a pellet going through a critters head. Surely you can see that? Purchasing a nice car and driving around with no music or ability to roll the top down blows! You paid for it, you should be able to enjoy it. Bottom line.

Boombots74Marksman3006,
I see what you are saying but sorry I don't agree. For those who are more hands on, MAY want to tackle the issue, no matter how big or small, nonetheless its still an issue.

I will try to relate it to you this way, although its my opinion. Let's say you buy a nice car, say a BMW 7 series and the electronics don't work or the top of your convertible won't come down. Do you work on the car yourself or return it and call it a lemon. That's pretty much where we are now. The airgun community are not a bunch of tuners or techies who will take a gun apart and spend their valuable time trying to fix it. These guys purchased a rifle to shoot and enjoy the little holes it makes on paper, or to hear the ever so cool crack of a pellet going through a critters head. Surely you can see that? Purchasing a nice car and driving around with no music or ability to roll the top down blows! You paid for it, you should be able to enjoy it. Bottom line.

Point taken. I have to agree with you.

Boombots74Marksman3006,

I agree.Wellsaid.
Impact is around 2000USD.It's a hard earning that you spend on something that attracts you but if it has a single issue it's really upsetting.

"Cliff_Allen"
"Erik"Why are you defending FX? Do you think it is ok to sell a product that clearly has issues?
So you don't have the numbers either? I'm not defending or for that matter, attacking anyone. I was just trying to make a point that no one knows for sure, including myself. If FX has some wood to chop, so be it. I'm just saying there is a lot of bashing and speculation about the rate of return, yet no one can actually provide the real return rate, let alone an industry average to compare it to in order to make it a meaningful number. 

I guess a better question would be, since you also don't seem know the rate of return as a percentage, or even how that compares to the industry average, why are you attacking them? In order for this conversation to continue in a meaningful, constructive manner, you should proved the actual hard data that you are basing your negative opinion of FX on. In my opinion, anything short of that is just pointless bashing.

I dislike them because of how they have handled / are handeling the situation. You can't deny it is a bad sign that a dealer is making this kind of decision A YEAR after this gun came out. A YEAR!! Is that not enough time to fix what you people call "a couple of kinks" or "teething issues" 

Look forward to your reply dear Sir....

"Boombots74"Marksman3006,

Using your example it's easy to see how things get conflated. If all BMW 7 series are bad then yes I say boycott that product. But if the 3 and 5 series are doing well and there are no issues, then don't disparage the entire company for one model being faulty.

Some people can't seem to separate the two things. If the Impact is a failure then I think it's ok to say so if the numbers bear it out. But if the other rifles are doing well and aren't having the same problems, you can't and shouldn't disparage the entire company. My .02. 

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.