• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uk dealer refusing to sell impacts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the reason for CJ86 selling his Impact in the classifieds, it was, too many adjustments required to maximize the desire settings. I believe, but could be wrong, that this is not a rifle for the beginner. It's for the guy that is able to do some tuning and has some understanding of how a pcp works and what speed a pellet should be traveling. Basicallly there are a alot of options. If you don't have a Chrony, this may not be the rifle for you. I believe many of the complaints (not all) are because of guys new to pcp's, select this rifle and don't know how to adjust them. They expect it to tune itself and get pissed when they're not shooting bull eyes. 
This was a "concept" rifle and 1st owner should have expected some bugs. Maybe FX pushed this a little soon, but there are a lot of guys with no trouble, especialy with more experienced pcp owners. They know who to call to fix the problem. I saw a lot of Impacts working fine at Extreme Bench. I do not own any FX rifles nor am trying to defend them. I just think that a lot of people jumped in on this rifle that should not have. There might be some responsibility on distributors to inform their customers about the complexity of this rifle and suggest to beginners either to do some more research or buy a more simple rifle. If you are new to pcp's spend some time before you buy and research to the n'th degree.

Look at the Vulcan. It's been out what 2 years and it's already undergone 4 generations. This hobby is changing literary every year. As the companies are getting feedback, they are making improvements all the time. These changes are usually for the better. Does the Impact still have issue, depends who you talk to. 
These rifles are not powder burners, and will require alot of maintenance if you keep them for any length of time. O ring will go bad. 
I am not really an FX fan, cool looking rifles but I prefer a more traditional barrel.

What I do know is bad news travels fast and good news travels very slow. Every day patients will give me a compliments telling me I did a GREAT job, but when asked for them to give me a google review to tell others about me they rarely do. Yet that one person that things just didn't go right, they tell EVERYONE they know how I had wronged them. So, I am cautious about all information I read. Like Cliff said, when people start using the work "all" or "almost all", my BS antenna goes up. 

NM
Ps- I am patiently waiting for all the Priest reviews to start pouring in. I believe we will be getting some mixed reviews there as well. Cool looking rifle at a good price. Is it worth it…………………….We shall see!

Here's a video of them naming the Airgun of the year. Out of the top 6, 5 of them were having reliability issues. FX was not the only one. This may just be a symptom of the times. As rifles are being built less by hand and more by machine, quality control goes down. Manufactures are putting a lot of pressure on the distributor to refine the rifles. Mabe the distributor should send them back!

"Cliff_Allen"
"Michael"
"zebra"I don't understand this issue at all. 

We all Know that FX is capable of making a great air rifle. Aside from some minor teething issues, their other products seem to fly off the shelves and not come back. What could be possibly be wrong with the Impact design that they are still having issues at this point?

This is not a rhetorical question btw. I genuinely want to know what is so different about the design that they can't just fix it? 

Sounds like FX & Blackpool had a falling out. And now Blackpool thinks they can make more $ by slanting the Impact & importing the Priest themselves. 

I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than the public is led to believe.

All of this is speculation on my part but come on. 90% fail rate? No retailer on the planet would carry a product like that just from the sheer frustration of dealing with the public, returns, repairs, replacements, shipping, time lost to employees being tied up, reputation, etc. etc. 

They didn't continue to carry it. They apparently did drop it out of frustration. 

They aren't dropping all FX guns though so if it is a falling out then it's a very selective one.

I could see a vendor doing something like that out of frustration in the hopes that a manufacturer will take the problem seriously and make more of an effort to fix it. 

I don't have any inside info either but as far as I know they have no stake in either business (FX or RTI) and could just as easily have stocked both the Priest and the Impact. I can't think of what they could gain from taking sides. 

It's possible that they have been particularly unlucky with their Impact shipments. We don't really know how many they have sold so we don't know how meaningful that 90% is. If they only sold 10 and had issues with 9, you might conclude that it was a bad batch. That does sound plausible as there was a period where there seemed to be a new problem thread almost every day. 

That being said, we have no idea what percentage had issues here. Only AOA knows that. They don't have Ernest over there so that probably makes the problem seem worse. Maybe they suck at repairing guns....

Ya he has complained in every video that he mentions the impact in. Usually between praises. I love mine but it hasnt been problem free its currently on its way home from the second trip back to AOA. Initially I had an odd very slow leak that was hard to reproduce and the trigger failed. I sent it in, they said the trigger was out of adjustment and couldnt get the leak so show up. Of course it started right back up after I got it back but, I just waited and kept shooting until it was clearly identifiable and sent her back in one more time. Hopefully all will be well now. AOA has been very responsive and if this is the worst of it I still feel its performance has been well worth the few hickups I have experienced. It has been so accurate I was shooting ants at almost 40 yards as they walked across my targets this summer. 

Doc I guess our regular yellow mustard ain't s#*t to folks in the " Mother Land " who eat Grey Poupon. Lol ..
Eric here we have Airguns that run from 70$ up to Many thousands of Dollars . The DayState / Crosman not really apples to apples .
Back to original topic . Has anyone actually spoke to anyone at FX to get some info as to whether the Impact will just be recalled ?
This is kinda reminiscent of when the Colibri hit the market . Kalibrgun just dropped it after so many problems were encountered.

Reactions: Dirte
Blackpool is a very up front shop.

"I" am thinking the 90% rate mentioned is all rifles "returned" for ANY reason - as some here have stated " mine is on it's way back for repair" - . And remember the UK has store fronts, not just the impact but how many airguns would ever go back to the shop ( you know all of the rigs with just one minor complaint but I'll fix it myself , perhaps even very small things, a scratch- IF you could drive to the shop instead of shipping at $55.00?. Then there is the anti-tamper things so you WILL be taking it to a shop - could figure in that rate eh?-.

Folks in the UK expect more and look at things differently.

Most of the comments on the Streamline from the UK INCLUDE , too light vs-US LIGHT GREAT. UK, fit & finish is not too pretty -vs-US just what I've been waiting for !

On and on, a lot of difference in airguns & owners attitudes between oceans.

FX did change just about everything ( in there business) a few years back, and it seems to me they haven't land on their feet yet, just running too fast maybe?
The Tarantula was a fine rifle, it was "FX" but not todays FX exactly so.................. .

I do agree ONLY a stocking dealer complaining changes things. And "I" mlike a dealer who wont sell me a certain anything because they do not think I will enjoy it.

John

I'm not sure about expectations being higher in the UK. I think expectations are set by the price and the reviews.

The price of the Impact is high. Up there with the top Daystates and RAW guns so people have a right to and do expect a certain finish quality and level of accuracy out of the box. That aside most people would send back any leaking gun whether it cost $500 or $5000. I think that's true anywhere in the world.

It could be that this particular store has less of an established service center like AOA has. It must be a lot harder to sell a problematic product if you are not properly set up to deal with the issues. I don't know if Blackpool Airguns is the official importer / service center or not over there.

"sgergen"Even if you are setup for reparis, repairs/tweaks/issues still burn employee time and that means $$$. Not sure if they bill this back to the manufacturer or not.

No dog in this fight either - have a Cricket and a FX Wildcat and love them both.

Scott
That's true. I'm not sure what I would do if it was my business and one product was taking up that amount of management time and causing unhappy customers or possibly putting people off air guns if they were new to the hobby. 

I think I might put them on hold for a while too although I don't think I would be making public statements about it. I would not want to do that to my existing customers who I already sold this $2000 product to. 

It would be an interesting discussion topic here: "what would you do about the Impact if FX was your company?" Or "how would you advise FX to fix the Impact issues?". 

Status
Not open for further replies.