• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uk dealer refusing to sell impacts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"AZBOBCAT"I will say this most forums all have sponsors and many people on the forums may have an agenda and many are just plain old hobbyists. I don't blame someone for freaking out because they spent hard earned money on something and it was a lemon. I personally would give the seller the chance to correct it and make me happy before I put anything on a forum. If they corrected it I would give them praise if they didn't I would give them the hammer. I will also say I think the Airgun market brings stuff out prematurely. If you can't meet the demands for quality of the models you have don't bring out new models, or limit the number of models you have until they are quality that is acceptable.
​one thing I see is you have a manufacturer trying to meet everyone's needs with one gun, you take a gun that is incredible at 12ft lbs and sucks at 32 ft lbs and vice versa. Everybody chases the profit so you cant blame them for trying. but you can for inferior quality and problems.
​Being involved with the Firearms industry and Airguns, I will say that I personally have never bought an airgun that I didn't have to tweak modify or fix to get it to work how I expected it to. And that is with the top 4 high end manufacturers. I also understand that most 2k rifles can be non functional because of a .10 oring. Also many airguns are not built with proper materials. I have seen many parts that should have been heat treated or a better material in its place to work properly and not have longevity issues.
​I don't know what I would do if I bought an airgun and it was perfect out of the box......still waiting for my unicorn.....so I'm building my own.....

That's good point to mention here imo. I wouldn't single out FX as being worse than the rest. I don't think they are any different. 

The issues with the Impact seem to be design related as much as QC related if the issues reported here are representative of the whole. 

I agree that they all have issues though. The only air gun I have that continues to be problem free is an old Career 707 mk2 rifle bought originally in the 1990's. Every other gun I have either arrived with problems or needed parts replaced in the first year and I look after my guns very well. I've almost given up getting mad about it. I just assume they will arrive broken and consider it a bonus if they arrive with only minor issues.

I love my Cricket but the indexing pin broke after two months, the valve stem snapped after 11 months and the plastic HST adjuster broke after around 6 months. Plus, it arrived with a horrible scratch on the barrel bands. It shattered my illusions around what you got for $1500 on an air gun. There is no reason I should call out the Impact's issues as worse than Kalibrgun's track record (or anyone else). Just look at the the Colibri.... 

Perhaps we are seeing the flip side of what happens when air gun companies are started by passionate enthusiasts who know what the market wants but have no manufacturing experience... when they get big and successful, the Airguns end up being assembled by minimum wage production line staff instead of those passionate enthusiasts and the cracks begin to show...

I have no inside info from FX but I would bet that most of the issues with the Impact are from the high demand. The pressure to get product out the door while long waiting lists pile up and vendors from all over the world nag on a daily basis trying to find out when they can fill their customer orders - it's a recipe for problems. It becomes about what you can get away with instead of making it the best it could be.

Maybe FX needs to hold off on new models for a while and start streamlining their existing line up. There is a lot of duplication in their catalogue. TX-12 anyone...

They could add a power adjuster, a higher capacity mag and a bottle option and make the Wildcat their flagship bullpup. It seems to be the better design (over the Impact and Bobcat). 

Would all those that have had an issue with their new Steyr or Feinwerkbau please raise your hand?

Sorry, I can't...my brand new model Steyr EVO 10 was flawless, shoots perfectly, comes with tools to work on it, came spare seals (which haven't been needed in countless shots), and a comprehensive manual. And uh, yea, it was less than my Impact. Just saying.

sharroffWould all those that have had an issue with their new Steyr or Feinwerkbau please raise your hand?

Sorry, I can't...my brand new model Steyr EVO 10 was flawless, shoots perfectly, comes with tools to work on it, came spare seals (which haven't been needed in countless shots), and a comprehensive manual. And uh, yea, it was less than my Impact. Just saying.

Isn't that just a pistol?

I just received an email from FX and without going into great detail they told me that they have sold over 7000 Impacts worldwide! And comparatively speaking they have seen a very small percentage of defective units. Now how many have you read about failing? Thousands? Hundreds? Dozens? Or less?

The current models are functioning great & the original models have been upgraded to current specs if needed.

You can speculate all you want on why the UK dealer decided to stop carrying the Impact. Or their method on publicly announcing their decision. But the fact is that we'll never know.

I've heard quite enough of this random speculation. Especially from the same old people barking up the same old tree. You know who you are and you should consider this a warning. Your agendas are obvious and quite frankly repetitive & non-productive.

If you want drama turn on the TV & watch the Bachelorette.

It's time to get back to airgunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.