Uh-Oh, Here Comes Trouble! FX Hybrid Slugs in .357 cal

Well, well! I finally got my hands on these killer FX Hybrid Slugs in .357 cal.

The slug on the left is an NSA 79 gr .357, and the FX Hybrid Slugs 68 gr .357 cal are on the right.

Would you look at the size of that meplat!

Looks like it's time to dust off my Bulldogs!
20220708_095920.jpg
20220708_100014.jpg
20220708_120849.jpg

Can you say...POP!!!
Oh Yeah! Groundhogs gonna get it good now!
Much better design isn't it?

Something going to wish they weren't around to feel that! I'm jealous, DO post results 😈
Significantly improved finish for sure! The biggest question is how much do my Bulldogs like these.
Where did you get them?? Like to try some out of my m3
I got these from https://myhighpressureair.com/

decently priced and quickly shipped. I have been shooting Hybrid Slugs out of my FX Maverick VP in .30cal and they are excellent, too bad I can't make a Smooth Twist Bulldog barrel! 😄

Reactions: woogie_man
Never had any luck with any caliber of the hybrids
Which gun were you shooting them with? Slugs really shine with polygonal or smooth twist barrels, but pellets are typically more accurate. Unfortunately, the high drag from pellets really puts a damper on downrange velocity, so depending on the game you're shooting at, it could be a worthwhile trade-off.

Shoot .22 .25 and .30 in my impacts and maverick, they were not very accurate, the jsb knockouts did better
That's good information. I'm enamoured by the devastation on impact more than the reduced accuracy with this slugs unique design. If I were shooting something larger, maybe a slug with a different design would be a better choice.

That's good information. I'm enamoured by the devastation on impact more than the reduced accuracy with this slugs unique design. If I were shooting something larger, maybe a slug with a different design would be a better choice.
That’s your call, my .22 impact loved the nsa 31.2g shooting @ 1050fps, it was a laser and the impact was devastating as well, fx hybrids are a waste of money and just a marketing scheme, you don’t see old Matt dubber bragging about them anymore, his pockets are lined now with the patriot javelins 😀

Super lightweight - only 68 grains in .35 is really an outlier. If the Hp max had worked out for me, i would have wanted to try these for sure.

The idea of a slug-like projectile with lower weight seems like a good one. I know griffin slugs have “low density core” slugs that (like this) are kind of a shell of lead but formed around a plastic ball instead of an air pocket.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Super lightweight - only 68 grains in .35 is really an outlier. If the Hp max had worked out for me, i would have wanted to try these for sure.

The idea of a slug-like projectile with lower weight seems like a good one. I know griffin slugs have “low density core” slugs that (like this) are kind of a shell of lead but formed around a plastic ball instead of an air pocket.
I looked at those, but damn are they expensive!

That’s your call, my .22 impact loved the nsa 31.2g shooting @ 1050fps, it was a laser and the impact was devastating as well, fx hybrids are a waste of money and just a marketing scheme, you don’t see old Matt dubber bragging about them anymore, his pockets are lined now with the patriot javelins 😀
I absolutely disagree with this marketing scheme claim. The biggest issue for getting slug expansion is getting velocities high enough. You may get adequate expansion at smaller calibers, but most higher caliber slugs have sidewalls that are too thick to expand at their lower velocities.
The Hybrid Slugs address both of these issues, by having a lighter weight for higher velocity, and a ultra large hollow point that collapses much easier at the same speeds.

Take a look at this video I created that test several NSA slugs in Ballistic Gel and on game to understand what you are really getting in terminal performance.

By the way, I stopped listening to YouTube airgun marketers long ago. They push products that are in their best interest. I bought a Kalibr Argus based on the marketing push they paid for in the states, and was very disappointed.

I absolutely disagree with this marketing scheme claim. The biggest issue for getting slug expansion is getting velocities high enough. You may get adequate expansion at smaller calibers, but most higher caliber slugs have sidewalls that are too thick to expand at their lower velocities.
The Hybrid Slugs address both of these issues, by having a lighter weight for higher velocity, and a ultra large hollow point that collapses much easier at the same speeds.

Take a look at this video I created that test several NSA slugs in Ballistic Gel and on game to understand what you are really getting in terminal performance.

By the way, I stopped listening to YouTube airgun marketers long ago. They push products that are in their best interest. I bought a Kalibr Argus based on the marketing push they paid for in the states, and was very disappointed.
I almost bought a Argus, I have a older kalibre gun cricket and love it, I actually sold all my impact slug guns and just shoot edgun compact rifles now, I miss my impacts but they were overkill, I don’t shoot past 75yds and it’s kind of a waste shooting birds and chipmunks with 31g slugs but it was fun lol, I just use pellets now because that’s all I need and they do the job dispatching any critter I need gone from my property

I almost bought a Argus, I have a older kalibre gun cricket and love it, I actually sold all my impact slug guns and just shoot edgun compact rifles now, I miss my impacts but they were overkill, I don’t shoot past 75yds and it’s kind of a waste shooting birds and chipmunks with 31g slugs but it was fun lol, I just use pellets now because that’s all I need and they do the job dispatching any critter I need gone from my property
Everyone has different needs and desires. I'm glad you found what works great for you.