• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uh-Oh, Here Comes Trouble! FX Hybrid Slugs in .357 cal

Thanks for the info, order two packs for my Rainstorm II.
Just received my order from High Pressure Pneumatics.

20220712_140738_copy_2000x1500.jpg

20220712_140955_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Reactions: N2 Shooter
What's the twist in your barrel?
I said my barrek twist rate is 1:14, and that is correct for my Bulldog .357, but when I was saying the FX Hybrid Slugs shoot well for me, I was referring to my FX Maverick VP .30cal, which has the Smooth Twist X Superior liner that has a 1:26 twist rate. and shoot very accurately. I have yet to shoot the FX Hybrid Slugs from my Bulldog yet other than a velocity test.

N2 Shooter, any luck with these .357 slugs on critters yet? I have bought quite a few of them for my challenger pro .357 since it’s laser accurate with them. Have shot 2 foxes so far with them at around 30 yards, dropped both in their tracks, no pass through but significant internal damage. I have shot a few possums as well also with no pass through. At the time I was getting 137 fpe with these at the muzzle. I’ve upped the power to 160 fpe with these. I’d like to test them on a fox or coyote 100+ yards if I ever get the chance. I’d love to hear from others that have taken larger game with these (.357 hybrids) at longer ranges

N2 Shooter, any luck with these .357 slugs on critters yet? I have bought quite a few of them for my challenger pro .357 since it’s laser accurate with them. Have shot 2 foxes so far with them at around 30 yards, dropped both in their tracks, no pass through but significant internal damage. I have shot a few possums as well also with no pass through. At the time I was getting 137 fpe with these at the muzzle. I’ve upped the power to 160 fpe with these. I’d like to test them on a fox or coyote 100+ yards if I ever get the chance. I’d love to hear from others that have taken larger game with these (.357 hybrids) at longer ranges
I have to get my Bulldog back out to the range and get my Thermal scope zeroed in. I accidentally loaded in the SD card and profiles from my X-Sight 4K pro and messed all my thermal zeros up. 🤬

Raccoon season Kicks in on November 10th so I'll have some beefier game to try them on shortly.

Reactions: Scott.t
They need a 1:24 twist @ 930 fps or a 1:26 twist @ 970 fps for sub MOA at 100 yards. Penetration into Clear Ballistics Gel at 100 yards was still only 2”-3”. I killed a mountain of ground squirrels during initial testing a few years ago while developing the correct meplat size and wall thickness. Missed two shots on a coyote at 95 yards…they didn’t drop as much as I expected and went right over his back. I almost died from Covid a year ago and am waiting for a double lung transplant so I’ll get back in the field after that happens. Everybody be safe! 🍻