U.S P.S no longer allowing airguns to be shipped

You don't need a FFL license to either purchase or ship a airgun.
Ageed but laws change by state. Pellet or bb rifles or long guns: Even though a pellet gun rifle does not have a rifled bore and arguably does not fall under the definition of “rifle” in New Jersey, it is still considered a firearm and a Firearm Identification Card is still required to purchase, and possess one in New Jersey. https://madisonnjlaw.com/pellet-bb-guns-and-airsoft-gun-laws/

• Wow
Reactions: ThomasT
In PA you can even ship any long gun to another PA resident without FFL.. Most folks don't know that.
I concur ,as my gunsmith instructed me some time ago. I've refused to use ANY UPS STORE , because of their own policy towards ANY firearm related items. If you tell them the nuts & bolts you're wanting to ship is/are firearm parts they will refuse to do so ! I did a swap of barrels a few years ago for Thompson Contender and after being rejected a THE store I went to the local USPS & sent them off w/o a problem. I have a nephew that's a Mechanical Engineer ,and he calls all of his "items" , precision machined metal parts and gets them through THE store ;) . He does ship a lot of work items also and instructed the manager of the store he will use them as long as they work with him. I have sent my Hatsan Factor to Hatsan USA for repairs thru the Post Office and am awaiting it's return.

Ageed but laws change by state. Pellet or bb rifles or long guns: Even though a pellet gun rifle does not have a rifled bore and arguably does not fall under the definition of “rifle” in New Jersey, it is still considered a firearm and a Firearm Identification Card is still required to purchase, and possess one in New Jersey. https://madisonnjlaw.com/pellet-bb-guns-and-airsoft-gun-laws/
But that IS new jersey......

ThomasT

I just look at Pyramyd Air and several others' shipping regulations. If they won't ship there neither will I. You have to do your due dilegense also. By the way, lying on a USPS official form is a felony as they are a Federal Agency. When they ask you if there is anything harmful in the package they have you sign a form. That is why I am always honest about when shipping airguns. They have never told me I couldn't ship from any post office in my area. They usually suggest shipping ground.I guess incase it's a pcp.

Last edited:
If you can’t properly describe contents you can’t properly insure contents

Usps can ship - follow regs - degass, double box, properly label and insure and require signature if shipped through pirate your insurance isn’t valid

Ups can ship - not a ups store, double / pre box and pre label = get an account and insure and require signature - if shipped via pirate, insurance will not work if a claim is filed

FedEx can ship - if you double box and pre label = get an account - insure and require signature

Reactions: ba49 and ChRiSiS
But you can still ship an airgun to nj via the usps - just have to send it to a FFL for the buyer to legally take possession. Should mean nothing to the sender.

The unofficial sign in the my local post office says " No firearms allowed " So I commented to the clerk. That's funny, I'm allowed to ship them here. And they've delivered quite a few to me at home. He said yeah I know that's just weird.
As a CCL the post office is a no go...even the parking lot if it is part of their property per the law. Of course a postal Barney Fife would have to be there to catch you to enforce it...but it is good to know the law when and just avoid the trouble. I think it pretty much applies to any Federal building. Been to a National Park lately and see the signs on the doors. Only victims and law breakers allowed inside.

As a CCL the post office is a no go...even the parking lot if it is part of their property per the law. Of course a postal Barney Fife would have to be there to catch you to enforce it...but it is good to know the law when and just avoid the trouble. I think it pretty much applies to any Federal building. Been to a National Park lately and see the signs on the doors. Only victims and law breakers allowed inside.
A airgun is not a firearm