U.S P.S no longer allowing airguns to be shipped

The unofficial sign in the my local post office says " No firearms allowed " So I commented to the clerk. That's funny, I'm allowed to ship them here. And they've delivered quite a few to me at home. He said yeah I know that's just weird.

Yes, strange. About 3 years ago I mailed a high dollar shotgun to a gunsmith for repairs, stated what it was and insured it for several thousand, no problem. Also about two years ago, I had ordered a little Marlin lever action using my C&R license from a dealer in one of the New England states, He shipped via USPS, I was out of town when it arrived, had a hold mail notice entered, so they held it for me no problem. Clerk told me that they had a lot of guns transit through the postal system, and FFL dealers could ship and receive handguns via USPS. I'm in an E. Texas small town so very gun friendly. I did have UPS deliver to me a S&W revolver, again a C&R item, the only handgun I have ordered over the internet, along with several rifles and shotguns.

At my local Post Office where I have shipped literally 100's of Airguns from in the last 16 years I was denied priority mailing them to Texas and California today. They told me I needed a FFL license. Just a FYI .... so I'll try UPS tomorrow.
My understanding is UPS won't ship either, or any parts. If found in their system they will destroy.

I am surprised that a Mod has not removed this thread already. I just talked with my Post Master and was told that I could ship all the air guns via USPS that I wanted to :).

ThomasT
Find the info on ( usps + firearms shipping ) anyone can ship empty unloaded Powder long guns within their state to a person of age. Out of state to an FFL holder only. Using USPS for a Pistol can only be shipped by an FFL holder. Airgun's are only restricted by receiving zip code and local and state laws

Reactions: ThomasT
My usps doesn't even ask what's in the box, even when it's totally shaped like a rifle case. I know them all by name now and that probably helps.

Ups on the other hand always asks and I say sporting equipment. If they ask what type, I say golf clubs or baseball bats etc. They refused me one time for actually saying it was an air rifle because it was a "hazardous item". Wasn't even a PCP with air in it, just a co2 rifle with no carts. Some of these employees are just triggered when they hear gun or rifle and immediately say no.

Nothing more gratifying then putting an incompetent, dishonest, politically-agendaed, or otherwise FERAL bureaucrat, state or federal employee in their place by producing a printed copy of company policies and/or federal regulations disproving the refusal with evidence of the WRONG they are attempting to perpetrate. I carry such printed proof when mailing, shipping, or flying with airguns; because depending on professional competency, honesty, or political neutrality is a recipe for disaster when dealing with strangers regarding GUNS.:eek:😨😰😩😭

In other words assume the worst, and come prepared too kick ass and take names. Works every time... and is SO gratifying!😂

Nothing more gratifying
then putting an incompetent, dishonest, politically-agendaed, or otherwise
FERAL bureaucrat, state or federal employee in their place

by producing a printed copy of company policies and/or federal regulations

disproving the refusal with evidence of the WRONG they are attempting to perpetrate.

In other words assume the worst, and come prepared too kick ass and take names.

Works every time... and is SO gratifying!😂

Ron,

forgive me for highlightening your well-crafted text.

You text is so good — it's worth savoring every frase. 😄

Thanks for the good laugh I got to have. 🤣 Go and stick it to them!! 👍🏼

For airline travel I either carry the regs printed and highlighted — or I have the gun disassembled in two parts, preferrably in two different suitcases — amounting to "pneumatic parts" but never to a "gun".... 🤣

Matthias

Reactions: ThomasT
At my local Post Office where I have shipped literally 100's of Airguns from in the last 16 years I was denied priority mailing them to Texas and California today. They told me I needed a FFL license. Just a FYI .... so I'll try UPS tomorrow.

Just because you ran into an issue doesn't mean this effects the entire USPS. Think before you post.

Reactions: woogie_man
My post office your post office blah blah blah. Problem is un informed clueless workers that think they know what they are talking about but don’t. This is all going to vary by location. Some places are going to have an over zealous park Ranger working that only heard the word gun and forget it. Simple solution here…you are shipping a pneumatic tool. That’s it. Maybe this could cause you problems in a claim situation I don’t know ? The reality is that they will screw you on those 90-% of the time anyway. I never say I’m shipping any kind of gun.

I had that happen at my post office too. I went home, printed out the applicable info. Guy said, oh, it changed since then. I said, show me. He went and got his book of regs and proved himself wrong. I got to mail my "bb gun" finally...
I debated whether to tell my local ups what’s in the box. A gun is a gun to some people. I said Airsoft gun. “Let me go check and see if i can ship that” waits a minute…. “No, we van get fined”…. Wtf its a Gamo airgun and was sent to ne via UPS? She says they are a small franchise store and i would have to go to a main hub… such bs.

I debated whether to tell my local ups what’s in the box. A gun is a gun to some people. I said Airsoft gun. “Let me go check and see if i can ship that” waits a minute…. “No, we van get fined”…. Wtf its a Gamo airgun and was sent to ne via UPS? She says they are a small franchise store and i would have to go to a main hub… such bs.
" sporting goods"

" sporting goods"
Pneumatic hole punch............................drama over..........