U.S P.S no longer allowing airguns to be shipped

Jared, Federal regulations define "firearms", and state how they "may" be shipped by USPS. They do require that USPS accept them, and the postal service can have its own restrictions. I'm not in disagreement with your point, and as far as I know, USPS has made no changes that restrict the shipping of either air rifles or firearms beyond those mentioned above. But, that possibility exists. 

Jared, Federal regulations define "firearms", and state how they "may" be shipped by USPS. They do require that USPS accept them, and the postal service can have its own restrictions. I'm not in disagreement with your point, and as far as I know, USPS has made no changes that restrict the shipping of either air rifles or firearms beyond those mentioned above. But, that possibility exists.

That may be right, I'm not sure. If the federal regs (which are set pursuant to Congressional authority) establish that a certain kind of thing "may be shipped" via the USPS, does the USPS then have a "right" to override that with its own internal policies? I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't think so. At any rate, as far as I know, there has been no such attempt. I am able to ship... um, those kinds of things, without producing a copy of my FFL. So far anyway.

If you dig into the regs of the USPS, I'm sure you'll find something in there about refusing a package based on a perception of potential danger or harm. For firearms or airguns, it comes down to one simple possibility: It may be loaded. Now, when you also take into account that the weapons in question may be transported by air, handled by dozens if not hundreds of people, would you trust someone you don't know to package up something like that and hand it to you and say, "nah, it ain't loaded". 

I'm just saying there's a legitimate concern.

That may be right, I'm not sure. If the federal regs (which are set pursuant to Congressional authority) establish that a certain kind of thing "may be shipped" via the USPS, does the USPS then have a "right" to override that with its own internal policies? I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't think so. At any rate, as far as I know, there has been no such attempt. I am able to ship... um, those kinds of things, without producing a copy of my FFL. So far anyway.

Why are the two of you discussing firearms when this thread has nothing to with that subject and it's not allowed on the forum?

Why are the two of you discussing firearms when this thread has nothing to with that subject and it's not allowed on the forum?

Looks like their discussing shipping regulations as they pertain to firearms to me. Are you now discussing firearms by using the word "firearms" in your post?

At any rate, I believe all the carriers (USPS, UPS, Fedex, whatever) have regulations that treat pressurized containers as hazardous and they must be shipped via ground unless they're depressurized. At least that's what the guys at AirGunDepot led me to believe.

I'm in Central PA myself. I never used USPS to ship a gun, but have used FedEx. I like dealing with them better TBH. I bought 5 guns from Utah Airguns and only 1 came through a case from mishandling. Of course they sent me another gun right away. Takes like 3 or 4 days to get here. Super quick always. Our local PO is a PITA to work with. Lol.