Txboy's Impact .30

Txboy

Jun 23, 2015
TX
Well I got my Impact a couple of weeks ago and have had some time to tinker around with it. I had a little trouble getting my scope mounted but after a little modification to the mount she slips on and off with zero change in POI. Straight out of the case it was shooting the 47 grain pellets about 865 and the 50 grain pellets about 855 give or take a little. I noticed at 50 yards at these speeds my groups with both pellets where a little larger than I'm use to seeing out of an Fx rifle. They where 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. After a couple tins of pellets of both weight I found the sweet spot that my rifle likes for both weights. It seems about 828 to 830 fps is what it likes. I went from 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups to pellet on top of pellet at 50 yards. The weather has been windy here this weekend so wasn't going to shoot but I couldn't resist getting out and letting some lead fly. I shot 10 rounds of the 50 grain pellets at 100 yards ,of course the conditions where not perfect but I shot two 1/2 inch groups. I know they can be better just have to wait for the conditions to improve. I will post pics once weather improves. 

Hey TxBoy's
I have the .30 impact and have been playing with some of my own issues for accuracy. Bad scope being one of the main problems. After taking off my $375.00 scope and putting on a $40.00 center point my groups went from 3 inches at 50 yards to stacking pellets.
One thing I found today was a good solid grip on the gun made a difference of stacking pellets at 50 yards to a loose grip that gave me groups of 1.5 inches. I am shooting the JSB 50.15 grain. I was wondering if you or anyone else has the same results?
I also found out moving the gun from 75 degrees in doors to 15 degrees out doors you better shoot your groups rather quickly before the gun gets to cold or your shots will wander quite a bit once the gun starts cooling down. One other thing I noted make sure your set screw for the barrel doesn't come loose. If it does the shots wander around. 
Thanks for any feed back on your experience

For me it depends on what type of shooting I am doing. When shooting from a benchrest, the only part I touch is the trigger, the rest of the rifle is secured in the stand. But if I'm shooting "off-hand", I normally use a light fore grip, a medium trigger grip, and a light trigger pull. If I'm shooting off a bi-pod, a tree stump, or trigger stick, I use a light fore grip just in front of (or on) the trigger guard, a medium trigger grip, and a light trigger pull.

For the EBR 2015 I made a flat platform that fit in my benchrest & I tightened the sides down pretty tight. 

In the 75y Qualifying rounds I shot a 230 6x and a 217 1x for a total of 447 7x.
In the 100y Final I did "OK" as I placed 13th (but as you've read the winners were either lucky or wind doping experts).

I saw a video of Fredrik testing the smoothtwist barrels. He connected each barrel to an action that is secured in a vice. So I figured, if thats how they're testing their barrels... why can't I shoot it the same way?

"Michael"For me it depends on what type of shooting I am doing. When shooting from a benchrest, the only part I touch is the trigger, the rest of the rifle is secured in the stand. But if I'm shooting "off-hand", I normally use a light fore grip, a medium trigger grip, and a light trigger pull. If I'm shooting off a bi-pod, a tree stump, or trigger stick, I use a light fore grip just in front of (or on) the trigger guard, a medium trigger grip, and a light trigger pull.

For the EBR 2015 I made a flat platform that fit in my benchrest & I tightened the sides down pretty tight. 

In the 75y Qualifying rounds I shot a 230 6x and a 217 1x for a total of 447 7x.
In the 100y Final I did "OK" as I placed 13th (but as you've read the winners were either lucky or wind doping experts).

I saw a video of Fredrik testing the smoothtwist barrels. He connected each barrel to an action that is secured in a vice. So I figured, if thats how they're testing their barrels... why can't I shoot it the same way?

Michael, what did you use to attach the platform to the weaver rail?