• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning TX200 Will not cock

Interesting read, glad you fixed it and brought us along to learn.

So the takeaway solution is to check for a loose or overly tall flat head mounting screw for the stock bracket?

I can't speak for others, but my take away was

1. You can spend money on someone to "tune" your airgun or I could do it myself. It certainly takes some considerable time (at first) , and I have to overcome a steep learning curve, but it's doable.

2. Delrin can break, and when it does, it messes things up. I'm sticking with the original metal parts for a while. I may try it again at a later time.

3.As for the stock bracket, I thought changing it out (months ago) for a aftermarket was a means to avert future problems. After I had tried to trouble shoot everything I know/knew at the time I thought I would revisit it. 

I guess the take away depends on the reader's skill and knowledge level. The author's skill/knowledge level was basically kinder-garden level when this first started. Now, I'd put myself smack dab in elementary school. I potentially could I have saved myself quite a few days of angst by checking that first, but at the time I thought I had "remedied" that long ago. And, prior to the delrin breakage, it was working, although the safety engagement was hit or miss. 

Reactions: JP806TX
I can't speak for others, but my take away was

1. You can spend money on someone to "tune" your airgun or I could do it myself. It certainly takes some considerable time (at first) , and I have to overcome a steep learning curve, but it's doable.

2. Delrin can break, and when it does, it messes things up. I'm sticking with the original metal parts for a while. I may try it again at a later time.

3.As for the stock bracket, I thought changing it out (months ago) for a aftermarket was a means to avert future problems. After I had tried to trouble shoot everything I know/knew at the time I thought I would revisit it.

I guess the take away depends on the reader's skill and knowledge level. The author's skill/knowledge level was basically kinder-garden level when this first started. Now, I'd put myself smack dab in elementary school. I potentially could I have saved myself quite a few days of angst by checking that first, but at the time I thought I had "remedied" that long ago. And, prior to the delrin breakage, it was working, although the safety engagement was hit or miss.
I know this is more than a year old.
But it just reminded me about what Tony Leach said about his earlier Delrin spring guides for the TX200.

With a one piece design, the end piece that the spring is sitting on may see a lot of mechanical shock and likely to snap off resulting in catastrophic failure over time.
1686648318397.png

A better option would be a metallic two piece mimicking the OEM parts.
or
A two piece (Tinbum) Delrin design mimicking the OEM parts.
1686648568254.png

Reactions: drpietrzak