Air Arms TX200 VS PROSPORT which one?

I’m laughing at these comments about cocking.. COME ON .. If your hunting with it do you struggle to cock a sub 20 ft lb gun every now and then.. it’s like the people who complain about how hard a R1 is to cock. 🤣
I’m not bashing anyone with age related or injury prone shoulders,but if so shoot a 12 ft lb gun.. Any thing at 12 ft lbs is easy as hell to cock or you have it horridly set up.
Obviously none of you have cocked a 30 plus ft lb hammer…

I love the looks of the PS , THAT BEING SAID I DISPISE UNDERLEVERS ..I abhord the loading positions and find a break barrel far superior for ease and speed.. Here comes the FT weekend champs now to tell me about accuracy.. 🤨
I hunt , I don’t shoot metal …
You are a really cool person. There must be a plaque about your greatness or some mention of your exploits in some news media about you, when I look I don't see anything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: michu
I’m laughing at these comments about cocking.. COME ON .. If your hunting with it do you struggle to cock a sub 20 ft lb gun every now and then.. it’s like the people who complain about how hard a R1 is to cock. 🤣
I’m not bashing anyone with age related or injury prone shoulders,but if so shoot a 12 ft lb gun.. Any thing at 12 ft lbs is easy as hell to cock or you have it horridly set up.

I love the looks of the PS , THAT BEING SAID I DISPISE UNDERLEVERS ..I abhord the loading positions and find a break barrel far superior for ease and speed.. Here comes the FT weekend champs now to tell me about accuracy.. 🤨
Things like that are often easy until they're not. Watch a 10 year old or a small woman trying to cock a break barrel some time. I've been shooting springers for about 40 years now and the only one that gives me any trouble at all is the Gamo Magnum. When my elbow was bothering me I could barely cock it and I had to use two hands. The cocking effort of my Hatsan 135 isn't that much less than the Gamo, but I hardly notice it when I'm shooting. It's just below that threshold where things become difficult and I feel like I could shoot it all day.

I also hunt often and always use a break barrel, most often my hw50s. The pro sport or hw97k are heavier and more awkward to cock in the field. The pro sport is particularly clunky with the long cocking arm easily getting caught up on the sling.
R

I have a TX200(.177) in walnut.
Since 2013
About 60,000 pellets through the barrel.’I rebuilt it with the factory rebuild kit.
I have another virtually new TX200 (.177)in beech coming soon.
The one good virtue of the ProSport over the TX is when you drop a pellet while loading.
If you do that with the TX, you have to turn the rifle over and shake the pellet out.
With the ProSport, it just falls right through the stock.

I have a TX200(.177) in walnut.
Since 2013
About 60,000 pellets through the barrel.’I rebuilt it with the factory rebuild kit.
I have another virtually new TX200 (.177)in beech coming soon.
The one good virtue of the ProSport over the TX is when you drop a pellet while loading.
If you do that with the TX, you have to turn the rifle over and shake the pellet out.
With the ProSport, it just falls right through the stock.
Good point. Same with the 97K and 77K, you have to fish, shake it out.

Here's a tip regarding the cocking effort of the Pro-Sport: If you're right-handed, like I am, the traditional thing to do is to hold the gun with your right hand and cock with the left while the butt of the gun is resting on your right hip. Unfortunately, that forces your left arm to cross over your torso. That lessens the ability to engage your bigger and stronger lateral back muscles, and it causes your smaller and weaker shoulder and arm muscles to compensate.

Instead, put the butt of the gun on your left hip and use a rowing motion while keeping your elbow in. Even if you are strong enough to do it the traditional way, it's a lot easier. With that simple change, I can shoot my Pro-Sport all day without fatigue.

BTW, I love my Pro-Sport. It's among the most accurate air rifles I've ever owned, and IMHO the most beautiful contemporary springer.

IMG_7153.jpg