TX200 Vortek PG4 Upgrade Questions

I'd rather have had a kit from Air Rifle Headquarters. His kits are almost always easier to cock due to being able to use a larger diameter spring.

As @Sqwirlfugger57 mentioned, at that power level a "short stroke kit" latch rod will make a much nicer shooting gun. They can get pretty lazy down at that power level due to the long stroke.

I'd rather have had a kit from Air Rifle Headquarters. His kits are almost always easier to cock due to being able to use a larger diameter spring.

As @Sqwirlfugger57 mentioned, at that power level a "short stroke kit" latch rod will make a much nicer shooting gun. They can get pretty lazy down at that power level due to the long stroke.
is there a website for Air Rifle HQ?

I looked at that site a few times. I could not figure out what to purchase. Very confusing website. Vortek's website is straight forward, easy to navigate. Added bonus is I live fairly close to Vortek. Small world.
I also tend to prefer the shooting characteristics of the ARH kits, but gotta agree about the website being hard to navigate. This is especially the case with AA springers. Not sure why ARH offers “kits” for all HW models, but not for AA springers.
R

Reactions: maxtrouble
I also tend to prefer the shooting characteristics of the ARH kits, but gotta agree about the website being hard to navigate. This is especially the case with AA springers. Not sure why ARH offers “kits” for all HW models, but not for AA springers.
R
FWIW, I have had a Vortek 12fpe kit in my AA pro sport for about 5 years. It gives me about 11.7fpe at sea level with JSB 8.4s. The shot cycle characteristics and accuracy are both excellent.
R

Reactions: maxtrouble
I looked at that site a few times. I could not figure out what to purchase. Very confusing website. Vortek's website is straight forward, easy to navigate. Added bonus is I live fairly close to Vortek. Small world.
Agree with that. I've been thinking about a kit, and it's not clear at all on ARH website. In his defense, he does point out that his prime customer base is skilled gunsmiths and airgunsmiths and thus won't offer directions or advice on installing. I get that, but it's also a bit of a turn off. I guess if I want one bad enough I will ask someone here what to buy.