tx200 sear not catching

got it used and a bit abused.took it apart cleaned it up and fired it three times to make sure all was fine before ordering tune parts.then it just stopped being able to cock.ive checked all the basic stuff and what seems it that the piston isn't pushing the sear far enough to set and engage.ive adjusted the trigger and about everything else but am stumped. and yes the trigger system operates fine when cocked manually when out if the gun. I've taken the trigger assembly out of the gun in the block and pushed the Piston back and it just does not push it far enough back to Cock it. But if I take the trigger unit out I can cock it manually by pushing it.

Cocking shoe may be buggered. They tend to wear down and not push the piston quite far enough to engage the sear. Other possibilities, the cocking linkage can hit the bracket where the stock screws attach and prevent the piston from moving far enough. If the cocking shoe is good, this is usually the cause. This will also hit if the cocking shoe is worn out, but if that is the case then replace the cocking shoe first. Jim Maccari used to sell machined steel cocking shoes, but I just bought the last one on his site a couple of weeks ago. You might email him to see if he has any more or is going to make more in the future.

like I said the trigger assembly does not catch the sear when it is out of the gun (in tne end cap)and i push it back with the piston. but if i cock the trigger assembly unit when it's out it works.

it has nothing to do with the cocking shoe or anything like that. If i play with the adjustments and I'll get it to work once but then after that it never works again something's goofed.ice cleaned the trigger a few times but all seems smooth.

This may sound stupid, but make sure the spring guide is seated all the way into the trigger block when installed. When I first got my TX, I disassembled it to look it over, I reassembled it, and then the piston wouldn't latch. When I disassembled the gun again, I could see that the end of the spring guide was not all the way seated in the trigger block. This prevented the piston rod from catching the top sear.

Good Luck!

After checking that the left and right front stock screws aren’t the issue, have you read the posts from the link I shared? I can almost guarantee the solution I provided therein will rid you of your problem. I highly recommend that you DO NOT touch the trigger until you’ve read the posts there. The safety not latching and having to mash the cocking handle are the symptoms of the problem I stated in that thread.