Air Arms TX200 problem

If anyone has any advice that would be great. This is my problem. My last ft match my tx was all over the place. Couldn’t figure it out. Got home and chrono said I was at 735 which I have had it set up around 765. So I added another spacer on the guide and gun wouldn’t cock. So ok, I ordered a new spring and breech seals. Replaced both and power was around 715. New 12 fpe spring and only 715? Had a vortek piston seal in it. So I tried putting my factory piston seal on. 670. Now I’m frustrated. So I took piston and compression tube out. Inspected everything. Only thing I can come up with is with my thumb over compression tube and pushing the piston in I would think u should not be able to push the piston in. I can push it about half way in tube before It gets tough but I can still push the piston all the way into the compression tube. I would think you shouldn’t be able to if everything is sealing correctly. Am I wrong here? So now I have a compression tube ordered. Am I on the right track here or is it possible my last spring went bad and the new spring I got just don’t make the power. It’s a 12fpe spring from pyramyd but only 670 with 8.4s. I shouldn’t need that much preload and spacers right? Any advice would be awesome.

I gu did you could damage a new spring installing it .. I personally like to set mine using a all thread dragging tool thing .. that helps get the preload off and a easy to install spring .. now mind you I don't do aa so ..? Lol works nice on hw..

Ya your piston seal seemed to act normal. You will push it in to make compression with the port hole plugged as you did .. now I do that and try to hold it firm if you can hold pressure where it stopped compressing and it stays in place with out sinking down farther it's holding good seal. It's tough to hold it bit once you do or I do I count to 10 or do and if the piston holds in place under compression it's sealing well. But to there's a too loosba fit or a too tight . For me too tight a piston deal will slow fps and bring g fps down as you shoot. .

Fitting a seal is like the 3 bears. Too loose, too tight , and just right . Look up threads on that fitting a seal to get the idea to try out .

That is how they act when they start to have lockup problems. A simple new breech seal will seem to fix it until the next time you take it out, then velocity will be all over the place again. Pyramid shows new cocking shoes in stock, I would start there. If it loosens up again, you may have to cut a shim for the forward edge to tighten it up a bit. Maccarri used to sell an oversized one, that you would just file to fit, but those haven't been available for a few years.

Thanks for all the input. Pretty certain I have gotten to the problem. The culprit is the cocking shoe. I had more play then I thought. Didn’t have any brass shim stock on hand so I used .005 copper strip. Made the tray around cocking shoe and seen no difference. So I added another .005. That jumped me from 710 to 785fps. 20 shot string and all within 15fps. Now whether the copper will hold up is another story. But definitely the lock up.

Reactions: Sqwirl57