• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tx200 moderator

https://buck-rail.com/product/
remember reading about slide on type

Last edited:
Reactions: SANTO
looked on line and got this , it is the end cap on the TX200 shroud . Not sure if it contacts the barrel end but it is 1/2 x20 threads so a female to male thread adaptor might work , ill check on UK forum im on .

1590699357_195737825ed0255d43cb98.75290256 (2).jpg

Can I put a moderator on a tx200? I need it as backyard friendly as possible. It’s a tx200 Miii .177
Mr. Santo

Here's my experience with my Tx200. The pellet striking your target is probably going to make more noise than all the mechanical/compressed air noise coming out of your TX. Before you invest in a moderator, have someone shoot your TX and stand 10-20-30 feet away to evaluate if you really need a moderator.

These TX are fairly quiet compared to a RWS 54 or other loud non-LDC PCP. I have neighbors, the most economical way to mitigate pellet strike noise that I've found was to use plastic storage containers stuffed with used clothing (I've used rubber mulch...it's messy and heavier). Keep in mind that I only shoot at 12 FPE.

looked on line and got this , it is the end cap on the TX200 shroud . Not sure if it contacts the barrel end but it is 1/2 x20 threads so a female to male thread adaptor might work , ill check on UK forum im on .

View attachment 324553
That piece is for the TX200HC. I have an HC that could be fitted easily with a moderator, but they are illegal up here in Canada. Ridiculous, I know.

Tim

I have a TX200 MkIII in .22. That airgun is the quietest of the 4 rifles I have. Backyard friendly as it is from the factory.

Like JP said earlier, the sound of the pellets hitting the backstop is louder than the sounds of gun's muzzle report and spring action. Additionally, my TX barrel is much shorter than the overall exterior length. My understanding is the shroud functions as a "suppressor". Makes sense because when I shoot it, it has a muffled report. The spring seems lounder.

My RWS 54 is the other "high power" airgun I have and that is also fitted with some kind of moderator (part of the front sight assembly) at the pointy end. I can clearly hear a louder pop over the spring action noise. But, the sound of the pellet hitting the back stop is way louder. The sound of the pellet hitting a crow is almost as loud (from 47 yards).

The second quietest is a vintage HW35. It is right up there with the TX200 for backyard stealth shooting.

Loudest is a Ruger Air Hawk (clone RWS 34). Nothing but the sight base on the end and it is loud compared to the other guns. Way louder than my suppressed .22 LR rimfire guns.

Break: is there a thread on effectiveness of moderators for a spring gun... specifically for high power break action spring piston gun like the Dana / RWS 34 and clones?

Mr. Santo

Here's my experience with my Tx200. The pellet striking your target is probably going to make more noise than all the mechanical/compressed air noise coming out of your TX. Before you invest in a moderator, have someone shoot your TX and stand 10-20-30 feet away to evaluate if you really need a moderator.

These TX are fairly quiet compared to a RWS 54 or other loud non-LDC PCP. I have neighbors, the most economical way to mitigate pellet strike noise that I've found was to use plastic storage containers stuffed with used clothing (I've used rubber mulch...it's messy and heavier). Keep in mind that I only shoot at 12 FPE.

Great idea for a trap. It's too bad that Home Depot doesn't sell just the LIDS for the HDX storage containers separately. But who would need one except us airgunners? I'm just using a suitably sized cardboard box for my trap, I tape it up for awhile, then when it gets too badly shot up, I just tape another piece of cardbaord to the front of the box. When it REALLY gets shot up then I get another cardboard box and recycle the rubber mulch into the new box. And so on and so forth...