• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms TX200 MKIII

I have installed 4 pg4 kits in Weihrauch guns and each were a direct drop in and super! I just got 2 pg4 kits for a Tx200HC for my son and me and they will not work. The springs are 2 1/2 coils longer than the factory ones. I read people get them and they work fine and I read some get them and have to cut them? Why is there a difference I know the guns are the same. My gun is new and my sons is at least 4-5 years old and they work on neither.
Your post gave me a chuckle. I have a TX200. I replace the springs when the break with the PG4 kits. I do not cut the springs. When John Thomas of Pa tuned my gun originally it went from well over 950 fps to 800 and shot great. When that spring broke I used the PG4 plus another one since. They have both left me at 900 fps and my 8.3 AA pellets lost accuracy so I went to 10.3 AA pellets which dropped the velocity to just over 800 fps and restored accuracy. Several of the guys I shoot with have 97s.When they put a new spring kit in they have to cut 2.5 coils off before they will shoot with pin point accuracy.

Your post gave me a chuckle. I have a TX200. I replace the springs when the break with the PG4 kits. I do not cut the springs. When John Thomas of Pa tuned my gun originally it went from well over 950 fps to 800 and shot great. When that spring broke I used the PG4 plus another one since. They have both left me at 900 fps and my 8.3 AA pellets lost accuracy so I went to 10.3 AA pellets which dropped the velocity to just over 800 fps and restored accuracy. Several of the guys I shoot with have 97s.When they put a new spring kit in they have to cut 2.5 coils off before they will shoot with pin point accuracy.
Which springs exactly do they have to cut 2.5 coils off of? I just buy softer lighter wire springs from JM and space them up to adjust FPS. And I can disassemble easily without a spring compressor because of little preload. I'm talking about my 97K and 77K tunes here.

Which springs exactly do they have to cut 2.5 coils off of? I just buy softer lighter wire springs from JM and space them up to adjust FPS. And I can disassemble easily without a spring compressor because of little preload. I'm talking about my 97K and 77K tunes here.
Yes no spring compressor needed. I can not say for sure what spring they just say the pg4 12 lb kit. I never had a97 I do not know if there is more than one 12 lb kit

Last edited:
Reactions: bustachip