• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms TX200 MKIII

The PG4 is the new kit, it’s made of metal the PG3 kit was made out of polyurethane or some other type of plastic. Other than that the difference would be minimal. I do not know of a place other than the website to order one, however the TX200 shoots really nice with the factory guts in it, the kit kinda makes it smoother.

I will be getting one (177) in about a week or so used. It does’t have a Vortek kit in it, but I want to order one up. The Vortek sight is down so where is a good place to order one up? Also what’s the difference between PG3 and PG4.

Thanks

Tony P
You might try calling Mike, Vortek's owner directly. Unfortunately, I don't have his number on speed dial. Perhaps someone else might help here. The Vortek web page will likely be back up soon. The Vortek PG4 SHO tune that I have in my TX200 is really smooth and quiet. Orv.

I’ve tried several kits in my .22cal HC.
Vortek is the winner in my book….smooth, quite and sassy!
I have the PG4 SHO in mine currently but also have the 12fpe version waiting in the wings.
I shoot GTOs exclusively in this gun at 775fps and it’s spot on accurate out to 40yds…..Haven’t had a chance to shoot further yet.
Tom’s a really good dude to deal with.

The PG4 is the new kit, it’s made of metal the PG3 kit was made out of polyurethane or some other type of plastic. Other than that the difference would be minimal. I do not know of a place other than the website to order one, however the TX200 shoots really nice with the factory guts in it, the kit kinda makes it smoother.
AoA

Reactions: drpietrzak
Ordered the kit and added a piston seal also. Totally new to springers so this will be a work in progress for me.

Tony P
I ran probably 7-800 pellets through mine before I installed the spring kit in mine. I had already been into it, deburred everything, polished the ends of the spring, cleaned the excess lube and lightly redubbed. It was still buzzy/twangy on the shot.

I've installed Vortek spring kits in all three of the higher power springers I've owned, and it helped the shot cycle in all of them.

Looks like the rifle and Vortek kit will arrive at the end of the week, so if any TX200 shooters have a few tips or tricks to shoot this rifle and willing to share I would love to hear them.

Tony P
Follow drpietrzak he's posts on his that holds good stuff.. heck even i picked up a thing or 2 even with my old fuzzy lint headed brain..😉. And i dont even own a tx..

Learn how your rifle likes to be held. My tx likes light pressure on the grip area and be consistent with cheek pressure, hand placement, where you support the forend. Make it repeatable. Trigger pull or I should say finger pad placement consistent and straight back pull. Some people curl their finger when pulling trigger puts pressure on one side more than the other. I constantly have to remind myself to pull straight back. You will learn what it likes and don't like. The poi will be different on different platforms,bench vs sticks vs hand etc. I will shoot off bench at 25 to see how a particular pellet groups and zero my scope there. Since I shoot FT off sticks and seat I will shoot at 25 again to see where it groups and adjust my scope to hit dead on there and go with that. Piston guns are more work to be good with but more rewarding also. Someone who is a solid shooter with a piston will usually be a better pcp shooter because they know how to develop a repeatable routine to be more accurate. Sometimes piston guns are like herding cats, lol. You just go where the hell did that come from. Chrono is your friend if things go weird check speed and if it's off then check gun over. Luckily the tx is easy to tear down and work on. Have on hand extra breech seals, piston seals, cocking shoes just in case. Springs are a personal thing on what you like in a shot cycle. I don't know if you ever shot a glove or tab in archery but they are kinda like that. When new you have to use it a lot to break it in and it will be good for a bit and then it starts to wear out and you get a new one and start over. Springs have a window of really solid consistency and then it will start to change. I honestly don't know how many shots a spring will last but each is different. Pistons can be frustrating at times but they are a blast to shoot and very satisfying to have. I like all guns and pcps are fun as well.

Good luck
Jon

Best way to break in a rifle is with some reactive targets. Paper gets boring to me really quickly. Hang a few soup cans on paracord at 50 yards and practice on them.

I suggest shooting off of a sand bag with a piece of cloth over it to assist with learning the recoil cycle of the rifle. The trigger is great, very nice break. Safety has a nice snick sound when disengaged. Very quiet rifle.

They are great rifles. Built extremely well. Mine had a harsh shot cycle at 16 fpe. It shoots at 12 fpe now and the difference is dramatic. I think the rifle was made for 12 fpe and someone gobbed it up and made it go to 16 fpe. Easy fix.

Reactions: Sean_Eason
You need to experiment. Our group for the most part shoots off a front rest and rear bag just like you shoot a powder burner. Several of us are long time short and long range bench rest competitors. Two of us shoot free recoil and shoot our spring guns the same way. The fellow who won our match this past Saturday shoots a lot of pb offhand matches. He shoots off bags the same way I do but grips the gun very firmly. No one shoots the artillery hold. I expect to shoot inside a note book paper reinforcemnt ring at 20 meters every shot. I good group will be on the inner open circle. Its not easy but it is rewarding. Everyday is not a good day but sometimes a bad day lets you learning somethong about how your shooting. We have TXs snd 97s in our group, no apparent accuracy difference.

I have installed 4 pg4 kits in Weihrauch guns and each were a direct drop in and super! I just got 2 pg4 kits for a Tx200HC for my son and me and they will not work. The springs are 2 1/2 coils longer than the factory ones. I read people get them and they work fine and I read some get them and have to cut them? Why is there a difference I know the guns are the same. My gun is new and my sons is at least 4-5 years old and they work on neither.