TX200 MKIII at 100-yards

This morning was very still and I was intending to shoot 100-yard rimfire. But, it very still. Did I mention how still it was?

As I am still getting the TX200 MKIII rebuild with a 3mm spacer in front of the top hat settled it seemed opportune. I really think it is there.

This break-in process has been complicated as I mixed 2 different lots of pellets when sorting, and they are not meshing. So it makes things look off for me. At times I am not sure if it is an issue with pellets or the gun, or !!!!ME!!!!. 🤪 It can't be me. 😁

I digress. As i may have mentioned it was very still so I set up at 100-yards. I was using NRA A33 targets used in 100-yard F-class.

I shot the messed up AA Field Heavy 10.3 sorted to 10.3 but poor lot match. I shot AA Field Heavy 10.3 sorted to 10.4 but a reasonable lot. I shot AA Field Heavy 10.3 sorted to 10.4 and waxed. These last are sorted and waxed 10.4's from an older known good lot. I use them as a control. I am running low on those. Lastly, I shot Zan 10gr slugs.

The AA Field Heavy 10.4 waxed shot 2.2" over 7 shots. I shot 7 as I am running low on them.

The Zan put 7 of 9 shots in 1.72" with 2 flyers making all 9 in 3.50" overall. I am pretty sure that leat 1 of those wild ones was me. Maybe both. I don't know why I shot 9 and not 10 shots.

The AA Field Heavy 10.4's that are "decent" but unlubricated put 8 in.1.8" with 2 flyers making it 4.5" for 10. I don't think those were me this time.

The AA Field Heavy 10.3 sorted but mixed lot that are a poor fit shot 6.2". I shot 15 as I couldn't find a pattern.

20230618_102337.jpg20230618_102402.jpg20230618_102428.jpg20230618_102447.jpg

Pellets really matter from 50 out. 🤪
Still very new to this sport… didn’t even know there were different weight and diameter pellets… for the same caliber… tried to zero my TX for a FT match and realized too late it liked one pellet more than another… then ran out… also discovered a “tin” of pellets will not have the same quantity either… discovery learning at its best.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Reactions: Frogy
@drpietrzak Nice shootin' Tex! I dipped my toes into 75 yard territory yesterday. Was hitting soup cans with the mighty HW30 until the wind got stupid. I am trying to figure out how to get 25 more yards!

For me it means get as heavy a pellet as I can get to shoot straight and sort and tweek them to optimum. Little irregularities make a big difference for me at that range.

These are the same dimentions as an A-33. They are setup to be printed on 8.5x11 paper.
Would not fit.. the 4 ring ( black ) alone is 8-1/4".

Heck a sr1 is 21x21 with a 6-3/8 bull.

Oh well not knocking your shooting ots all good .. just scratching me head on the target..

In the end a inch is still a inch and the center is still in the center no matter..🥴

Oops heres that sr1 that looks more to your using anyway.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015211542/

niceshooting.jpg

Would not fit.. the 4 ring ( black ) alone is 8-1/4".

Heck a sr1 is 21x21 with a 6-3/8 bull.

Oh well not knocking your shooting ots all good .. just scratching me head on the target..

In the end a inch is still a inch and the center is still in the center no matter..🥴

Oops heres that sr1 that looks more to your using anyway.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015211542/

View attachment 365570
See the posted target. It stops at the 5 ring. It fits.

View attachment A-33 Practice.pdf

Last edited:
My burn barrel is 80 yards out, the rusty outside makes for a great background to see the lead colored hits on the barrel. After a week or so the silver dot will rust back over for a clean slate. If calm I often take some shots out there. At that distance there can be wind swirls you cant feel or see so you get some fliers. There have been some days where inch/ inch and a half were very possible and other days...ugly !! Yet both days feel dead calm !! Often wondered if a fly or other bug got in the way of the shot to the target ???

That first 7 shot target is impressive. Very nice. However on the other targets you need to count all the shots. What having a core good group and then the outliers shows is the problems shooting a very light, very slow, very bc challenged projectile. But, it is what it is. I applaud your effort. Unfortunately my airgunning has slowed dramatically as due to an injury to a fellow shooter I am now running a pb match 3 weekends a month along with the monthly airgun match. So add in grass cutting and pool maintenance and time is short. I hope to catch a calm morning and get back to 50 and 100 with the Diana 54 in .22. Calm has been non existent the last couple of weeks, well months, lol. If your enjoying the longer distances get a TX .22. I enjoy reading your threads, keep up the good work. Few are willing to do the work.

That first 7 shot target is impressive. Very nice. However on the other targets you need to count all the shots. What having a core good group and then the outliers shows is the problems shooting a very light, very slow, very bc challenged projectile. But, it is what it is. I applaud your effort. Unfortunately my airgunning has slowed dramatically as due to an injury to a fellow shooter I am now running a pb match 3 weekends a month along with the monthly airgun match. So add in grass cutting and pool maintenance and time is short. I hope to catch a calm morning and get back to 50 and 100 with the Diana 54 in .22. Calm has been non existent the last couple of weeks, well months, lol. If your enjoying the longer distances get a TX .22. I enjoy reading your threads, keep up the good work. Few are willing to do the work.

Thanks. Yes, there are mixed batches so more pellet variation in all but the 7 shot group.