tx200 mk3 vs prosport vs hw 97

I agree, don't overlook the 54 or LGU but of the three suggested I would go with the 97. For some reason I seem to find them less hold sensitive.

The things I like best are that they are available in several different stocks, some of those stocks are ambidextrous which is a benefit for us lefty's also the loading port is equally open on both sides. Depending on how you cock and load that can be a deal breaker for some. Another often overlooked detail is that the barrel is higher in the tube on the 77/97 than in the center as the TX/Prosport. This means the centerline of your scope is closer to the barrel and this can be useful in trajectory prediction, and as others have stated makes them much easier to load. I have all three and love them equally but if I were buying just one to serve multiple purposes it would be the 97 of your choices. If not limited to your choices it would be a 56 no doubt! Plenty of power for hunting, can have a bipod mounted if you like and best of all you get instant gratification. Your first groups are good without having to learn the best ways to hold you new sensitive springer. The only drawback to the 54/56 is you are much more limited in scope and mount choices.

I’ve got a .177 TX200 and .22 HW97 and they’re both incredible rifles. More accurate than I am, beautiful and absolute top quality. When you compare them side by side there are differences that would cause you to choose one over the other based on what’s comfortable to your style but I think anyone could get used to either and be happy each time they walk outside to shoot. You really can’t go wrong with either.