• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning TX200 Mk I issues

I have been shooting this gun all summer for FT and been shooting equal to most of the PCP guys. About two weeks ago I noticed some significant short POIs so I realized that I have not changed the breech seals in about a year so I replaced them. Last evening I was shooting trying to check out my 46 to 55 yard hold overs and I would get a pellet that would be 2 inches short then back up, so I shot it over the chrony and was getting over a 60 fps spread. So today I changed just about everything one at a time. I started with the breech seals again, then the took it apart and put it back together just in case I might have had something move, no change. I replaced the chamber, thinking it might be the seal in the top, then the spring, then the piston seal, Still getting 60 plus drops, not sure what else I should be looking at.

Any ideas?

Check your cocking shoe to cocking arm / link fit. When action is cocked ( In Battery ) and cocking arm returned to the locked position ..... LINK ARM needs to be under slight tension.

W/O this tension the compression chamber and the breech seal are not firmly mated making a leak proof seal. Blow by happens during the initial firing sequence and the seal is not made until such time as enough compression is created that the Comp tube is pushed forward enough to close the gap with enough force the blow by stops having the remaining air propel the pellet.

ES nightmare !!!! Have repaired and set up dozens and dozens of TX's so know this issue well !

Also make sure the compression chambers END CAP is tight and not leaking either. * easy check by pushing down the piston with a whetted finger over the transfer hole.

Piston recoils back when pushed down your good ... It continues to be pushed in ya got a leaker ! End nut or piston seal needs checking / service.

have fun !!

Scott S

Reactions: Maizen
After you get it all fixed up try putting a golf tee OR corndog OR popsicle stick wedged in the slightly cracked open breech (not cocked of course) to not squash the breech seal in the future while not in use. Same goes for breakbarel and many pistols to leave it cracked open not cocked when stored to not squash their breech seals.

It is not the breech seals, Odoyle

Thanks Scott

I had already checked the compression tube and it was good. 

I am still not exactly clear on the "tension" on the the cocking shoe. I have some slack between the arm and shoe and the shoe will wiggle sideways but not front to back and it has always had this. 

I am not really sure what I did but I took it apart and put it back together and now it is working. Not sure what I did this time that is making it work.

Mark 

I have a Paul Watts tuned TX200. I don't really shoot it anymore. Too many new toys to play with.

If you lighten up maybe God help you out.

Talking from experience God had crapped on me all throughout my life till I lightened up now he don't $hit on me as much.

Not healthy nor productive to be a miserable human lifes too short to be uptight all the time and hate.

https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/air-arms-tx200/

Screenshot_2020-10-28-23-23-412.1603963545.png

Check your cocking shoe to cocking arm / link fit. When action is cocked ( In Battery ) and cocking arm returned to the locked position ..... LINK ARM needs to be under slight tension.

W/O this tension the compression chamber and the breech seal are not firmly mated making a leak proof seal. Blow by happens during the initial firing sequence and the seal is not made until such time as enough compression is created that the Comp tube is pushed forward enough to close the gap with enough force the blow by stops having the remaining air propel the pellet.

ES nightmare !!!! Have repaired and set up dozens and dozens of TX's so know this issue well !

Also make sure the compression chambers END CAP is tight and not leaking either. * easy check by pushing down the piston with a whetted finger over the transfer hole.

Piston recoils back when pushed down your good ... It continues to be pushed in ya got a leaker ! End nut or piston seal needs checking / service.

have fun !!

Scott S

+1 on this. The cocking arm needs to be aligned properly or sometimes the spring won’t catch properly...weird right. Then you have to de-cock and re-cock again.