• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tx200 Miii Rebuild outing #1

I rebuilt my TX200 MKIII after 10000 plus rounds. New FAC factory spring, different factory compression tube, new seals. I tested it, then added a 3mm spacer in front of the Top Hat.

The new spring was about 3/4" longer than the old one. The piston seal fit tighter in the compression tube as well. With my finger over the loading port I could press the piston down without stopping (slowly) in the old tube but the compressed air stopped movement with tube replacement.

I picked up over 100 fps and 5 fpe. It was running under 10 fpe for ES and about 2.6 fps for SD. So not much changed there. I am using this for shooting at 50-yards out to 100-yards so fps makes a difference.

First run out at 50-yards today saw it consistently under 1" for 5 shot groups and doing essentially quarter size performance. I was not "on" today and there was a slight breeze. I expect things to settle in pretty well with it shortly.

50-yards performance day 1.

20230610_100225.jpg20230610_100058.jpg

Looks like that old tube was out of round ? That's a nice gain from old

On that new spring being just 3/4" longer then the old relaxed spring i guess on aa you dont really need to set the spring first?

The r9/hw95 new spring is a bit longer where presetting it makes install / compressing it less hassle. I think arh has preset springs for a extra $5 in a hw95 hornet. I guess it also depends on the spring chamber and stroke of a gun. Anyway i like to go 1000 shots before i determine my tune job results.

Looking good enjoy

Looks like that old tube was out of round ? That's a nice gain from old

On that new spring being just 3/4" longer then the old relaxed spring i guess on aa you dont really need to set the spring first?

The r9/hw95 new spring is a bit longer where presetting it makes install / compressing it less hassle. I think arh has preset springs for a extra $5 in a hw95 hornet. I guess it also depends on the spring chamber and stroke of a gun. Anyway i like to go 1000 shots before i determine my tune job results.

Looking good enjoy

I am not sure if out of round or if compression tube seal leaks. I can't find it and couldn't get a new seal or tube. A kind member here supplied me with one that was replaced by an upgrade.

The AA rebuild directions did not suggest a need to set the spring. The spacer was to balance out the piston a bit more in the shot cycle as I shoot 10.3 grain in .177. I was not really looking for more power or speed.

Reactions: Frogy
Ya, like the 75y i was doing any puff or direction change just blows the pellet off. My moring coffee shots are just before the sun comes up with enough light to see what im doing and the wind most times is real lite to none, but as soon as the sun comes over the horizon and heats up the morning air its over the wind picks up and then the sea breeze affect boosts that. I may got a 1/2 if lucky to shoot way out. By 8-9 am its folly to try...lol . I just shoot the cphp 7.3g

Reactions: drpietrzak
I testing it on the chrony tonight. It seems to be settling down. There was a odd one, but otherwise it was pretty smooth. As there was the occasional dropped pellet (low poi) so it matches what I was seeing. Curious.

View attachment 363579
Thanks for posting this information .🙂 my HW97 has about. 6 or 7 thousand down the tube. I ran it across the crony. You’re shooting a 10 gr faster than I’m shooting an 8,44 🤔 maybe time for a refresh ( never been apart ) sad thing I had never cronyed it befor . So don’t know if it’s always been slow . It shoots so smooth an accurate Almost afraid to mess with it . Thanks again for posting

Thanks for posting this information .🙂 my HW97 has about. 6 or 7 thousand down the tube. I ran it across the crony. You’re shooting a 10 gr faster than I’m shooting an 8,44 🤔 maybe time for a refresh ( never been apart ) sad thing I had never cronyed it befor . So don’t know if it’s always been slow . It shoots so smooth an accurate Almost afraid to mess with it . Thanks again for posting
It's possible some pellets are faster even of heavier .

Mine is not a sub-12 fpe rig. I don't know what your specs are for yours. Mine had dropped to 11.7 fpe which was fine out to 30 but makes wind more an issue for me at 50-yards out to 100-yards.
Well when I purchased it I thought it was a 14 lbs. 😬 I didn’t have anything to compare it to except my Diana 48 177 an it was a handful. I didn’t run it across the crony it until early this spring after reading many post about other guys and their 97s and the TX 200s that’s when I discovered mine was a 12 foot pounder I feel that it has always been a 12 foot pounder. I’ve never had to readjust the scope after I put it on.🤷‍♂️ I hate to tear it down it shoot, so good does not make any funny noises. I think I’ll order a vortek spring an seals just in case

Recently I began making a holdover chart for my tx200 and I’ve always had jab exact 7.33 grain Diablo pellets originally ordered from Pyra**d Air when you had a choice of 3 different head diameters (4.51, 4.52, 4.53) and I always chose 4.42 which is nominally .178”
That said, things were working out well until I ran out of pellets in my tin. I went and got some from my local store and he ordered in what was suppose to be 4.52mm head size, but weren’t. So……..I went online to Pyra*** Air and found on their site that they only sell what are listed in the specification drop-down as “.178 or 4.52mm so I was in luck……or so I thought. They arrived today, and I immediately opened the first tin and measured them only to find .174 and .175 heads. I packaged them up and messaged with their customer support guy Matt.
He wanted pictures with my micrometer taking measurements, so I sent him 6 photos. He stated that the manufacturer is the one who posted the specifications, and that all the ones they would have would be the same lot, so they’re refunding my $$.
My dilemma is NOW I HAVE NO WAY TO FINISH MY CHARTS ☹️ What other pellet would be a great one for field target work in your opinions? Thanks for any advice you can give from experience.

Recently I began making a holdover chart for my tx200 and I’ve always had jab exact 7.33 grain Diablo pellets originally ordered from Pyra**d Air when you had a choice of 3 different head diameters (4.51, 4.52, 4.53) and I always chose 4.42 which is nominally .178”
That said, things were working out well until I ran out of pellets in my tin. I went and got some from my local store and he ordered in what was suppose to be 4.52mm head size, but weren’t. So……..I went online to Pyra*** Air and found on their site that they only sell what are listed in the specification drop-down as “.178 or 4.52mm so I was in luck……or so I thought. They arrived today, and I immediately opened the first tin and measured them only to find .174 and .175 heads. I packaged them up and messaged with their customer support guy Matt.
He wanted pictures with my micrometer taking measurements, so I sent him 6 photos. He stated that the manufacturer is the one who posted the specifications, and that all the ones they would have would be the same lot, so they’re refunding my $$.
My dilemma is NOW I HAVE NO WAY TO FINISH MY CHARTS ☹️ What other pellet would be a great one for field target work in your opinions? Thanks for any advice you can give from experience.
Most people use 8.44 or 10.34 for field target, I have seen a few 7.87 and 7.33 on the score boards, but the first two are by far the most common weights used.
Jsb’s got smaller on me from when I first started using them, until they were fairly loose fitting and cause a lot of flyers. I started buying the 4.53 head size which was better but not perfect.

Well when I purchased it I thought it was a 14 lbs. 😬 I didn’t have anything to compare it to except my Diana 48 177 an it was a handful. I didn’t run it across the crony it until early this spring after reading many post about other guys and their 97s and the TX 200s that’s when I discovered mine was a 12 foot pounder I feel that it has always been a 12 foot pounder. I’ve never had to readjust the scope after I put it on.🤷‍♂️ I hate to tear it down it shoot, so good does not make any funny noises. I think I’ll order a vortek spring an seals just in case
I’ve tried several different springs and seals in my 97K and don’t think it’s ever been faster than about 870fps. It has a lot to do with how well it seals and how tight the piston seal fits in general.
I stopped chasing power with it and tuned it to around 835fps with a 8.44 pellet, but switched to a O-ring piston seal like this one….
30F82118-C043-44B1-BAB4-C602F600B297.jpeg

This one is made from delrin and is currently in my 77K. The one in my 97K is made from aluminum but is exactly the same otherwise.
Now my 77K with the factory spring and home made delrin guides would do 920fps with a 8.44 but that was way to hot for my liking, and it is also now tuned to 835 with a 8.44 pellet. Point is some guns seal better than others, and some will even get slower with a stronger spring..lol. So a lot of variables at play with spring guns. My 97K has never made easy “high” power the way some other guns have, and I wish I would’ve had a chrony in the beginning, for a starting reference point.