• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX200 Manufacturing Defect??? What Say You

"gamyrick"My TX200 lost more power than it should, so I ordered the repair kit and this is what I found when I disassembled the gun. This pin never should have made its way into the compression tube. Does Air Arms have a disgruntled employee? My cost for Air Arms Manufacturing Defect $149.99

https://goo.gl/photos/hULHfUQxiu82RD2p7
This is just me tossing out ideas and I am clueless sometimes so take it that way:

I am not trying to dispute your issue but that could have happened at any time. At least I think it could have. Could it have entered the compression chamber through the air port during loading? Do you have any indication as to where it might have come from? It should not be there but could have even made it's way in with a pellet during loading. That's a pretty small pin. Is it possible that it is a flow restrictor of some sort?

I'm really sorry that it hapenned to you - hope that this piece of metal did not do any damage to inside of your gun. But ... your case (and if it is not a problem please let me use your case and your photos to ilustrate that issue to my airgun community in Poland) is a proof that you should always do a review/insprection of your gun as first thing after you buy it and it doesn't matter if it is a used one or new one and if it is a cheap $60 or $1000 gun. 
What I mean when I say review/inspection is:|
- take apart everything
- clean everything from manufacturer lubes
- clean and remove any residue from any machine metal and polimer pieces, scrapes, dust etc. 
- check for surprises like you had
- check if everything is as it should be
- lube everything with corrrect and good quality lubes
- put it together and chrony test it for stability 

Only that gives you 100% that your airgun is safe to use and will serve you for many years and thusands of pellets,

Reactions: bouddha
Clearly a manufacturing issue. Air Arms can be reached via social media channels, like Twitter and Facebook. 

Tweets by AirArmsUK
https://www.facebook.com/AirArmsLtd/

But the official route should be your dealer who claims warranty with Air Arms. But in this case, it might not hurt to contact Air Arms directly. Just drop them a line to make them aware of a fault in their manufacturing process (in a friendly way, don't go yelling, kicking and screaming on them). Where I'm from, we have a saying; one catches flies with syrup, not vinegar. ;) 

This is my second TX200, the first air rifle was stolen. I looked at other guns before buying my second TX200. It is a quality "bit of kit" as the British would say. The disassembly and reassembling is relatively quick and easy. The Piston, Piston Seal and Compression Tube were damaged. The pin wore a sharp groove in both the Piston and the Compression Tube. The gun can function with the groove, but it will cut into the seal and shorten its life considerably. 

I'm such an idiot. The Air Arms website would not accept my email because of the ad blocking software of Goolgle Chrome. I shut off the ad blocker and it went through with no problem. If I receive a reply, I will post it here.

AIR ARMS REPLY
Dear Glenn,

Thank you for your email concerning your TX200 air rifle.

We are sorry to hear of the problem, and I have forwarded your email and attachments to our technical department for advice, I will reply to you once I have an answer.