TX200, impressions after 100 shots

...I wouldn't do sny tuning or any worrying until you put over 500 rounds in. Let it settle in and get use to it...

If you want to spend the time shooting not so accurate shots go for it. Most airguns are shipped with just enough lube to keep them from rusting. Factory lube is not accurate shooter friendly. Even the fine quality of AirArms doesnt keep a not so perfect gun from slipping thru there quality control on ocassion. If you not sure if your going to keep it, then shoot alot before a simple tune, but ....ifvyou want more consistancy quicker then clean it out and get it properly lubed. Over my more than 30 yrs of springer tuning you woukd not believe what I have found inside a brand new rifle!!! After taking a few shots to make sure thevrifle functions correctly, I have always taken them apart for an inspection and a quick tune. Getting proper lubricant inside will only add to the life of the rifle. Why not find any initial problems before they become a problem?? Why waste 500 shots when less than 100 will let you find just how accurate it really is?

...I wouldn't do sny tuning or any worrying until you put over 500 rounds in. Let it settle in and get use to it...

If you want to spend the time shooting not so accurate shots go for it. Most airguns are shipped with just enough lube to keep them from rusting. Factory lube is not accurate shooter friendly. Even the fine quality of AirArms doesnt keep a not so perfect gun from slipping thru there quality control on ocassion. If you not sure if your going to keep it, then shoot alot before a simple tune, but ....ifvyou want more consistancy quicker then clean it out and get it properly lubed. Over my more than 30 yrs of springer tuning you woukd not believe what I have found inside a brand new rifle!!! After taking a few shots to make sure thevrifle functions correctly, I have always taken them apart for an inspection and a quick tune. Getting proper lubricant inside will only add to the life of the rifle. Why not find any initial problems before they become a problem?? Why waste 500 shots when less than 100 will let you find just how accurate it really is?

I've only "tuned" one gun, lol. So I bow to your knowledge!

I have probably put unnecessary wear on my springers by not tuning them. They have all settled in nicely. I should probably not look inside them!

100 shots???

When my TX200 came (8 years ago) I put 750 shots through the barrel, the first day.

Springers require at least 1000 shots to settle everything down.

Don’t tune it.

Shoot it.

The only thing it might need is a DELRIN spring follower and a little love for the trigger.

The TX200 is a man’s rifle!

BTW…I had a 48 and I just sold my 52. The effort to cock the TX vs those two side-cockers is minimal.

IMHO

This data was a year and a half ago but I checked recently and it is still current:

BD4FF8CE-3782-4303-B64D-EB9D98C166A7.1629583030.jpeg

Factory spring with a DELRIN spring follower…This after shooting almost 40,000 shots in HFT..

I did some shooting today, it's improving and we're to the point of holding hands. It seems to prefer H&N FTT and shot some decent groups. I had a few that four shots would be in a cloverleaf hole and one out up to a 1/2". The rile has a touch less than 300 pellets, the cocking stroke is smoother and takes less effort. One of the screws fork on the fore end comes loose pretty often, a little loctite will take care of it. The stock will need to be sealed up because the grain has raised where my cheek rests on the stock.

So far I've shot.

AA Diabolo Field 8.4

AA Diabolo Express 7.87 

JSB Exact 7.33

Falcon 7.33

Crosman Premier 7.9 and 10.5

H&N Baracuda Match 10.65

H&N FTT 8.64

It shoots H&N Baracuda Match10.65's 799 fps average for 10 shots. IIRC the 8.64's were in the high 890's.

How were the ES and SD on the chronograph numbers?

Baracuda Match, ES: 18fps, SD: 6fps. The H&N FTT, ES: 25fps, SD: 8fps.

Those numbers will improve when it settles in. Although those are fairly high ES's I don't think that explains your inconsistent increases in group size.

I worked out off night this AM and finished a little mowing when I got home, then shot the TX some. It's up to 417 shots through it, 147 today, the last 60 through the chrono. I shot 6 10 shot groups alternating between H&N Baracuda Match 10.65's and H&N FTT 8.64's.

Groups 1, 3 and 5, 10.65gr.

Vel. H. 832 -- 826 -- 827

Vel. L. 821 -- 819 -- 827

Avg. 826 -- 822 -- 824

ES. 11 -- 7 -- 6

SD. 3 -- 2 -- 2

Groups 2, 4 and 6, 8.64gr.

Vel. H. 881 -- 878 -- 876

Vel. L 844 -- 851 -- 843

Avg. 865 -- 865 -- 862

ES. 37 -- 27 -- 33

SD. 11 -- 8 -- 9

Since the JSB 8.44s come in 4.50, 4.51, 4.52 and 4.53, saying you tried them does not really give enough information. In my HC, the 4.52 are lights out and the others are dismal to so-so.

My TX SR is the same with the AA and JSB 7.87s. Lights out with the AA 4.52 and ok with the JSB in the same size. Forget the rest.

I have never had a TX choose an H&N pellet, in fact they are usually terrible. I have nothing against H&N pellets, I have a wide assortment to try. I just never had one work out as the gun's choice.