• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX200, impressions after 100 shots

My LH TX200 came this AM. After cleaning the barrel and mounting a scope I started shooting. I chronographed a few different pellets then moved outside to 25 yards. The rifle has a lot of recoil, is about as difficult to cock as the Diana 48 in .22 I had. So far accuracy isn't real impressive, my 34 will out shoot it. It seems to have a tight chamber, 4.51mm pellets are tight. I like heavy for diameter pellets in high power rifles and so far H&N Baracuda Match 10.64gr shoot best. The rifle will shoot a dime sized group then the next one will be 1 1/2" so there is no consistency yet. I will try to find some 4.49 or 4.50mm pellets to try.

They are so easy to take apart, go ahead and do a simple tune. You will find only a small amount of grease on the inside, so clean everything including the trigger assy. Grab some DOW 111. Valve lubricant, a heavy silicone grease and apply a good finger full to the mainspring and smear it all over, yes it is sticky, that is why it works!! Then add some lite oilvto thev trigger assembly. I should have mentioned to smooth and polish the ends of the spring. This is important as it needs to rotate during cocking and firing. If left rough it will dig in and cause problems down the road. Polish any rough edges or surfaces you find. Coat the outside of the compression tubevwith moly paste or grease. Put a smear of moly grease or paste on the plastic bearings of the piston. Smear two drops of chamber lube around the piston seal. Carefully put it all together being carefull not to damage the seal when installing. Rifle will have less recoil and shoot much smoother in a very short time!! Hope you like yours as well as I like mine!!

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
That's a nice looking rifle, judging from the photos in your other thread (Wooohooo!).

I'm sure as you spend more time with it and send more pellets down range, you will get that rifle working well. I think I have over a thousand pellets thru my new LGU now, and I am still looking for consistency. I have shot a few very promising groups and a bunch of lackluster groups too. I am finding it challenging, but also fun. Enjoy!

...I wouldn't do sny tuning or any worrying until you put over 500 rounds in. Let it settle in and get use to it...

That's the plan. I have more pellets to try but would like to stay with the heavy for caliber, if I can. I figure a new air rifle is like a new girl friend (hope I don't ever have to go down that road again), I'll need to spend some time with her to figure what she likes.

...I wouldn't do sny tuning or any worrying until you put over 500 rounds in. Let it settle in and get use to it...

That's the plan. I have more pellets to try but would like to stay with the heavy for caliber, if I can. I figure a new air rifle is like a new girl friend (hope I don't ever have to go down that road again), I'll need to spend some time with her to figure what she likes.

Try with the light pellets. Those are the ones giving me the best results. 14gr and around that weight

Try with the light pellets. Those are the ones giving me the best results. 14gr and around that weight

Lol...so true!

My Lefty TX200 is quite a bit easier to cock than my Diana52, the TX can keep most any pellet around a 1/2" at 25yds.

Yours needs to be broken in,Fact is all my British springers take a lot longer time to break in than my Germany made one.

I wonder if others have found the same thing....I remember my English Tomahawk took forever.

More pellets ,more practice....just be patient and have fun doing it,good luck and shooting to you.