• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX200, impressions after 100 shots

After supper today I ran a few rounds through the rifle, two groups with the 10.65's and two with the 8.64. The 10.65's look good on the chrono but show vertical stringing on the target.

I won't be able to shoot it tomorrow, I need to practice in the AM for a fun rimfire benchrest match tomorrow night. Then I have to pick up some equipment and tractor I've bought.

IMG_4867.1629860349.jpg

IMG_4863.1629860365.jpg

BadDart might be a dumb suggestion but if you are shooting off the stand in the above photo try resting the back of you hand on a rolled up towel or something similar and rest the forearm of the stock in the palm of your hand. I once had a rifle that would string when the forearm of the stock was rested on anything but the palm of my hand.

Gary

Just a recomendation here, when you testing different pellets...never shoot for record one pellet then follow up with another.....in other words, shoot a oarticular pellet for a little while, I always used at least 10 pellets of a particular tin, then shot my 5 shot test group. When switchingbto another pellet, shoot at least 10 then shot your 5 shot group for record and so on.....Especially with springers, I found the gun needs a few shots to settle in to a particular type/style of pellet so initial shots might be a little erratic. Most folks I have coached over the years find that 10 or so warm up shots each time they try a different pellet helps the overall quality of the groups shot for record. Just a thought here that might help you get on with your new rifle.......