TX200 earning it's keep!

I bought this rifle to shoot sparrows off my bluebird boxes, today was it's first. He was in the box with just his head sticking out, 30 yards. Sparrows are expensive! LOL

sparrow1.1649022936.jpg

A TX200 is about $700-$800.

It is the most snobbish of all "high-end" (Weichrauch, Diana) springers.

A $200 PCP will easily outshoot it, and all the other springers high-end or not.

Actually, a Crosman 1322 will easily kill those birds and be at least as accurate and at $50 will be 15 times cheaper.

You need to take another long toke....

Reactions: longdog

True enough. Nice things don’t come cheap

And one of the nicest.

A $200 PCP will easily outshoot it, and all the other springers high-end or not.

Again, an accurate assessment. However, as great as PCP guns are, there is that indescribable quality of owning a gun that you can simply grab and go with no support equipment.

Actually, a Crosman 1322 will easily kill those birds and be at least as accurate and at $50 will be 15 times cheaper.

And another true statement. That said, if my choices in airguns we’re limited to cheap and junky guns, I suspect my interest would have waned and I would have moved on to new pursuits. Owning high quality guns is one of the pleasures of this hobby.

Why do people hate springers so much that they feel the need to interject crap like this where no one asked? Do you think he bought the tx200 blindly thinking it will be the cheapest solution for the job? Do you think someone asked what the cheapest solution for killing a sparrow is? I mean, why did you even post in this thread?

Why do people hate springers so much that they feel the need to interject crap like this where no one asked? Do you think he bought the tx200 blindly thinking it will be the cheapest solution for the job? Do you think someone asked what the cheapest solution for killing a sparrow is? I mean, why did you even post in this thread?

My thoughts also I love my very expensive HW 97

You don't get it do you? I knew full well going in that there were cheaper PCP options but have absolutely zero interest in them. I've had two Diana rifles, a 48 in .22 and a 34 in .177, both of them shot well, but not consistently well, and therein was the problem. The TX200 shoots it's cold bore shots the same place as the ones after a few warm up shots. I'm going to ASSUME most decent PCP's will too, but again, I have no interest in them. I like mechanical things, always have, been fooling with hot rod all of my life, I build all of my engines, transmissions, differentials and do all of my own fabrication. I do it all for two reasons, because I like to and when I started messing with them it was the only I could afford to do it.

The TX was more expensive a lot of my powder burners, and there is a premium attached to LH guns. My rifle was $849 before the price increase that came about mid year last year. The TX is a quality rifle as are the Weirauch's and I considered a 97, I live a modest life and save my money to buy my toys. I'd prefer one quality rifle than ten cheaply made ones. If it was all about the $$$ I'd just do my sparrow sniping with one of my rimfires that I've had for years.

I have no problems with anyone's choice of rifles or anything else as far as that goes. Shoot your PCP's and have fun, just don't crap in my springer threads, it's uncalled for. Our choices are based on our individual criteria, and we buy based on that criteria. Mine is different than yours so we take different paths, in America we have that choice. It's what makes our country the greatest in the world.

Justin

You don't get it do you? I knew full well going in that there were cheaper PCP options but have absolutely zero interest in them. I've had two Diana rifles, a 48 in .22 and a 34 in .177, both of them shot well, but not consistently well, and therein was the problem. The TX200 shoots it's cold bore shots the same place as the ones after a few warm up shots. I'm going to ASSUME most decent PCP's will too, but again, I have no interest in them. I like mechanical things, always have, been fooling with hot rod all of my life, I build all of my engines, transmissions, differentials and do all of my own fabrication. I do it all for two reasons, because I like to and when I started messing with them it was the only I could afford to do it.

The TX was more expensive a lot of my powder burners, and there is a premium attached to LH guns. My rifle was $849 before the price increase that came about mid year last year. The TX is a quality rifle as are the Weirauch's and I considered a 97, I live a modest life and save my money to buy my toys. I'd prefer one quality rifle than ten cheaply made ones. If it was all about the $$$ I'd just do my sparrow sniping with one of my rimfires that I've had for years.

I have no problems with anyone's choice of rifles or anything else as far as that goes. Shoot your PCP's and have fun, just don't crap in my springer threads, it's uncalled for. Our choices are based on our individual criteria, and we buy based on that criteria. Mine is different than yours so we take different paths, in America we have that choice. It's what makes our country the greatest in the world.

Justin

Well said !!!

Very nice work, sweet rifle too. I shoot an R9, I’ve had three PCP’s that can’t touch it in any category except power. I’m not even an air arms fan but at least I can admit this- if I could have any gun at any budget I would personally select, at the store, a walnut TX200 HC and send it to a pro tuner with one of those high falootin short stroke 22mm piston kits. Because I know nothing in the world could touch it in any category except power :)

True enough. Nice things don’t come cheap

And one of the nicest.

Again, an accurate assessment. However, as great as PCP guns are, there is that indescribable quality of owning a gun that you can simply grab and go with no support equipment.

And another true statement. That said, if my choices in airguns we’re limited to cheap and junky guns, I suspect my interest would have waned and I would have moved on to new pursuits. Owning high quality guns is one of the pleasures of this hobby.

Very well put !! I've been on both sides of this fence, and don't regret my choices of higher quality equipment for a MINUTE !! Thanks for support !!