Tuning TX200 Cocking Pivot Pin

Could you slightly peen one end of the pin? Alternately you can hammer the last 1/8" of the dowel slightly out of round. A very small amount is probably all you would need. I know they used to sell a longer pin with E-Clips on both ends. I have seen a few installed but haven't seen them for several years.

Do you have a picture so I can be sure we are talking about the same pin? Drill bit stock is also hardened and you may find a more snug numbered size. 

Just random thoughts.

In my tool maker days we would often close the hole slightly where a hardened pin would go.. I use a small ball pein hammer or other ball shaped tool to set in the hole. Tool needs to be larger in dia than the hole!! By tapping on the hammervwith another hammer you end up closing the hole dia slightly. I try to do this on both sides if possible, this should tightened the pin hole just a little to keep it in place. If the pin is not real hard, tapping on both ends of the pin can expand the pins diameter slightly to give more resistance. Be very carefull hitting any hardened pieces as they could shatter, eye protectuon should be a must!! Let us know if this helps.....