Air Arms TX200 cocking arm not fully closing

Gearing up for the FT been doing chrony work and some indoor practice. Long story short, Ive had a few pellets drop out from the loading port down into the "compression" tube

not been a major issue, thats usualy me not pushing the pellet in far enough or just fumbling it (blame it on the cold in the shop :) ) and I just roll the gun over and dump out the pellet. but it suddenly wouldnt close the cocking arm at all... Inspected and saw a fair amount of lead jammed in around the leade. Picked what I could see out and now it will _almost_ close and latch. wont latch though unless I hold the harm onto the latching ball.

is there some other hiding spots bits may be hiding? Is this gonna need to be tore down completly? Other things at play here? Dont know if it's relevent but the action is in a Lukas Parsley stock
Ideas suggestions very much appreciated

Make sure your breech seals are seated in the comp tube correctly, that could cause it not to close all the way(never heard of that happening though). Or it could be lead on top of the breech seals. You should be able to half cock and see the seals in the end of the comp tube.

If not there has to be lead between the compression tube and wall. Taking it apart is super easy.

The new stock should not matter at all.

Reactions: AirShot
Gearing up for the FT been doing chrony work and some indoor practice. Long story short, Ive had a few pellets drop out from the loading port down into the "compression" tube

not been a major issue, thats usualy me not pushing the pellet in far enough or just fumbling it (blame it on the cold in the shop :) ) and I just roll the gun over and dump out the pellet. but it suddenly wouldnt close the cocking arm at all... Inspected and saw a fair amount of lead jammed in around the leade. Picked what I could see out and now it will _almost_ close and latch. wont latch though unless I hold the harm onto the latching ball.

is there some other hiding spots bits may be hiding? Is this gonna need to be tore down completly? Other things at play here? Dont know if it's relevent but the action is in a Lukas Parsley stock
Ideas suggestions very much appreciated
Broken cocking shoe

Update...
HAve it tore down. Spring is fine. Cocking shoe _seems_ fine. No distortion, rounded out bits, or any other apparent damage. Nor does its place on the comp tube.

I'll check the black nut tonight. Other thing I thought of is.. perhaps the pellets I didnt get out have deformed corners and or edges of the black nut, thuse the thing can fully mate up.

I'll post later

update: black nut on comp tube is tight. there was a like 3/gazillionths of a mm burr on the top of the shoe. few strokes of 400 grit on a flat surface smoothed it off again. no change. did notice it does this with or without the piston and spring installed….

Frank: I’llcheck that with a straight edge. it is just a hair above the retaining ball…..

Reactions: fishing43