TX200 cocking arm issue solved

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/tx200-cocking-arm-not-fully-closing.1306773/ describes the original issue, and many folks offering great suggestions.

And Frank in Fairfield is the hero of this story. Frank offered that the cocking arm is hollow, thick walled tube, and likely bent.

It was indeed bent. Laying a straight edge along the length of the arm, showed 3-ish mm of "curve" in the arm.

chunk of thick aluminum, a C-clamp, a bar clamp, a 4 or 5 mm round rod built an improvised fixture to bend it back. Now it snaps home as it used to.

The upside to this episode is the suggestions from everyone on what to look for, and having been in the gun with a critical eye. More knowledge of the platform is always a good thing

Thanx again to everyone for the help! and to Frank for being spot on!

Now I gotta wonder how long before I have to bend it again :)

This sounds like the sort of thing that would send me into the shed furiously carving a replacement part out of steel. The majority of my airguns originally contained parts made of aluminum, zamac, or even plastic, and while I understand it’s often done to save cost or weight it still chaps my hyde a bit. So, one by one, they end up with all the delicate stuff getting replaced with steel.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/tx200-cocking-arm-not-fully-closing.1306773/ describes the original issue, and many folks offering great suggestions.

And Frank in Fairfield is the hero of this story. Frank offered that the cocking arm is hollow, thick walled tube, and likely bent.

It was indeed bent. Laying a straight edge along the length of the arm, showed 3-ish mm of "curve" in the arm.

chunk of thick aluminum, a C-clamp, a bar clamp, a 4 or 5 mm round rod built an improvised fixture to bend it back. Now it snaps home as it used to.

The upside to this episode is the suggestions from everyone on what to look for, and having been in the gun with a critical eye. More knowledge of the platform is always a good thing

Thanx again to everyone for the help! and to Frank for being spot on!

Now I gotta wonder how long before I have to bend it again :)

Good call on the bent cocking lever, Frank.

Pyramydair does carry the part $59.99. Might want to get one...just in case.

Last edited:
Aw shucks you guys have embarrassed me.
So, how did I know?
Jim knows the story…
I was at the range with the TX and the R1.
Shooting off of a very high rest, the cocking arm became disengaged and dropped away from the barrel Sleeve.
When I touched off the cocking arm struck the barrel sleeve with such force, the arm turned into a very deep frown.
PA said I could send it back for repair but, I said, no way.
I used cardboard, Turkish towel and a bench vise and straightened the cocking arm back to normal.
In actuality, the arm should have a little smile so that some pressure is placed on the hinge pin.
After that incident the arm dropped down once or twice during an FT match but I caught it before I touched off.
I am careful now to check that the arm is properly secure.

Reactions: fishing43