• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX200 Beartrap Pin

The beartrap pin on my new TX200 comes loose at each shot. It just continues to rise up and I have to push it back in place each time I cock the gun. I tried tapping it furthe in with a brass pin, and it did hold for several shots before working loose again. Can someone please inform me what the designed method of securing the pin is? I was considering thread locke or ca glue.

air arm bear trap pin.jpg

I think the OP is talking about the bear trap lever assembly that you press down to release the compression tube/chamber. There's a pivot pin and a spring that pushes the lever down to grab the grooves on the side of the compression tub. If that's the pin, I currently have no solution if it's working loose.

Last edited:
@Jspool - Looks like it is pin DP118 and there are bits hold it maybe? Here is the parts blowup;

According to Posting #6 by Maxtrouble
Part number DP118...(how do they keep a small pin like that in place?? peen it? If peened how did it worked loose?)

OR

Double check to see if the spring that puts tension on the pin/ level...is either mis-aligned or missing. I suspect the slight tension from the tiny spring at the back helps hold the pin in place?

SAFETY ALERT!!!

Might need an Air Arms TX200 expert on this one (I'm not an expert)...because if that bear trap is not functioning properly...I wouldn't stick my fingers in there to load a pellet. (thank gawd I was taught early on to hang onto cocking level when loading)

Actual pictures of that bear trap assembly and position of that tiny spring ...might help with diagnosis

Last edited:
According to Posting #6 by Maxtrouble
Part number DP118...(how do they keep a small pin like that in place?? peen it? If peened how did it worked loose?)

OR

Double check to see if the spring that puts tension on the pin/ level...is either mis-aligned or missing. I suspect the slight tension from the tiny spring at the back helps hold the pin in place?

SAFETY ALERT!!!

Might need an Air Arms TX200 expert on this one (I'm not an expert)...because if that bear trap is not functioning properly...I wouldn't stick my fingers in there to load a pellet. (thank gawd I was taught early on to hang onto cocking level when loading)

Actual pictures of that bear trap assembly and position of that tiny spring ...might help with diagnosis
It only fell completely out when I was doing some trigger work. The spring fits into detents and is not scoogied in any way. The bear trap assembly functions exactly as it should. I just need to remember to push it back in the mm or so it backs out each time I cock the gun. Thanks for the parts drawing as it clearly shows that there is no mechanical means of holding it in place. I will pull the pin, place a dab of epoxy at the bottom hole, and reinsrt the pin to depth. That should do the trick.