TX200 ate AirMax

The TX is a tamer gun than a 97K in stock form. Chances are you just got a defective scope.

Are you running a tune kit in your TX?
+1. I have 8 of them and have run them on rifles that shoot way harder than your TX and haven't had one go bad on me.
Email Hawke, they'll take good care of you.

+1 to everything said above. I've been running an AirMax compact on a Pro Elite (much more powerful than a TX) AND a 12 FPE short-stroked TX for about a year now and have had 0 issues. Been using hawke scopes on springers for YEARS and never had an issue.

Call the customer service center and they'll take care of you.

Oh I'm not worried about warranty, I've heard Hawke is rock solid on defect repair or replacement.
The TX is a tamer gun than a 97K in stock form. Chances are you just got a defective scope.

Are you running a tune kit in your TX?

I've got my doubts on this, the TX is way more snappy then the HW95 I had, which is pretty much the same power plant on the 97.

Oh I'm not worried about warranty, I've heard Hawke is rock solid on defect repair or replacement.

I've got my doubts on this, the TX is way more snappy then the HW95 I had, which is pretty much the same power plant on the 97.
I mean I'm really not guessing here. I have 2 of each and the 97s are definitely the snappier girls. I do strongly encourage you to get one of your own though. I actually do prefer my 97s over my TXs.

"I find the TX waaay too hot for it's power level" and "the TX is way more snappy then the HW95 I had".

Considering your TX experiences are polar opposite of those of us who've owned them and the other springers you're comparing your's to, seems to me your TX is either defective, badly 'tuned', or both. Perhaps a somehow inadequate piston seal allowing it to slam into the end of the compression chamber on firing.

Regardless, healthy TX200s are not harsher firing than HW95s and 97s.

"I find the TX waaay too hot for it's power level" and "the TX is way more snappy then the HW95 I had".

Considering your TX experiences are polar opposite of those of us who've owned them and the other springers you're comparing your's to, seems to me your TX is either defective, badly 'tuned', or both. Perhaps a somehow inadequate piston seal allowing it to slam into the end of the compression chamber on firing.

Regardless, healthy TX200s are not harsher firing than HW95s and 97s.

This very well could be the case, my 95 wasn't this snappy or harsh.
Twangy (as all Weihrauch's seem to be when new) but not harsh.

Reactions: Deerstalker
you have some bad luck,the TX is tame,my 95 has more of a "kick" as does my 97;I have a couple of Hawke Airmax scopes and would not hesitate to mount them on any springer.
Something is very wrong. Double whammy.Good luck to you.Check you screws and seal,also make sure your barrel is clean and shoot heavy pellets .

No worries on the scope, already in the process of sending it in for replacement.Everything made regardless of price have bad apple's that slip through.

Stock screws all nice and tight and the barrel was throughly cleaned before firing shooting 8.44 JSB Exacts.

Just do yourself a favor and get a pcp

Been there done that lol
Literally no incentive to have one in Canada as we can't suppress them, was lucky back in the day when i was able to get a few that slipped through the radar as imports when it wasn't as well known for the integrated shrouded guns.
Too much hassle anyway with the tank or pump, I have firearms for the long range business.

Last edited:
Need to do a quick tune on the TX, even using stock factory parts you should be able to smooth out the shot cycle. You need to check the seals anyway. Mine has all stock internals, just deburred, polished, and properly lubed. Shoots very smooth, can balance a nickle on edge on the scope cap while firing without it falling off !! Avg 905 with JSB 8.4 pellets

• Wow
Reactions: Ramjet
Mine has all stock internals, just deburred, polished, and properly lubed. Shoots very smooth, can balance a nickle on edge on the scope cap while firing without it falling off !! Avg 905 with JSB 8.4 pellets
Need a short video of that, or it did NOT happen.
An FAC TX200 mk3 with factory internals shoots like a mule kicks, in my experience. 🙂