TX200 after some 500 shots and......

b.1646268638.jpg

I was able to spend the afternoon with the TX200 and made some adjustments as well as some changes. But most of all I was able to really shoot and get it dialed in really good. I started out with BKL mounts and realized that I had an issue with them creeping backwards after a long shooting session. I like BKL mounts and have them on my HW97. But, they were giving me issues on the TX. So I swapped them out for some UTG Pro rings. I have never used these before. But they are USA made and they actually seem to be doing the trick. No more creep.

I also made some trigger adjustments. I wasn't really pleased with the way the trigger was set outa the box. Didn't do much, just shortened the first stage travel a good bit, decreased the pull off point and decreased the weight of pull. For me, it made a world of difference. Very nice trigger!

So I have now fired in excess of 500 pellets through the TX. I've gone through an entire 500 ct. tin of Air Arms Diabolo Fields, plus some more. I'm finally in that sweet spot with the rifle I think. And it's sweet......

a.1646268543.jpg

Of course not all groups were this good. But, the above groups are very indicative of what I am able to get out of the TX200 with a fair amount of consistency. It's a shooter for sure..........those are 10 shot groups! I'm loving it. Awesome!

Reactions: gbmarcht
Most need a little tweaking to meet each shooters likes, but once dialed in....they can shoot !! About time to do a simple tune to remove the burrs and get good lube in places where it is needed. You will see an improvement in the shot cycle afterwards. Also try some pellet lube, I have saw improvement in accuracy on every TX I ever worked on. Keep us posted on your progress.

Most need a little tweaking to meet each shooters likes, but once dialed in....they can shoot !! About time to do a simple tune to remove the burrs and get good lube in places where it is needed. You will see an improvement in the shot cycle afterwards. Also try some pellet lube, I have saw improvement in accuracy on every TX I ever worked on. Keep us posted on your progress.

Already did all of that before the first pellet was ever sent down range. Thorough inspection and cleaning, a proper lube job, installed a Vortek PG4 kit, etc.....etc...

Already did all of that before the first pellet was ever sent down range. Thorough inspection and cleaning, a proper lube job, installed a Vortek PG4 kit, etc.....etc...

Glad to hear that, if you havent tried lube, make that your next experiment. 

View attachment 199464

I was able to spend the afternoon with the TX200 and made some adjustments as well as some changes. But most of all I was able to really shoot and get it dialed in really good. I started out with BKL mounts and realized that I had an issue with them creeping backwards after a long shooting session. I like BKL mounts and have them on my HW97. But, they were giving me issues on the TX. So I swapped them out for some UTG Pro rings. I have never used these before. But they are USA made and they actually seem to be doing the trick. No more creep.

I also made some trigger adjustments. I wasn't really pleased with the way the trigger was set outa the box. Didn't do much, just shortened the first stage travel a good bit, decreased the pull off point and decreased the weight of pull. For me, it made a world of difference. Very nice trigger!

So I have now fired in excess of 500 pellets through the TX. I've gone through an entire 500 ct. tin of Air Arms Diabolo Fields, plus some more. I'm finally in that sweet spot with the rifle I think. And it's sweet......

View attachment 199492

Of course not all groups were this good. But, the above groups are very indicative of what I am able to get out of the TX200 with a fair amount of consistency. It's a shooter for sure..........those are 10 shot groups! I'm loving it. Awesome!
I currently have the double BKL rings w/ Hawke 3-9 Airmax and no movement so far. Great groups BTW